Double Glazed boat windows

WotEver

Featured Posts

Hi,

I know the question of double-glazed windows has been covered many times before, but I was wondering if anyone has any specific experience with Channel Glaze's offerings?

We're considering replacing our windows with their double-glazed hopper units; they seem well made and of good quality materials. The only thing that bothers us is that should a unit fail the whole window has to be returned to Channel Glaze for repair, which would be a bit of a bind to say the least.

So... anyone had any experience with them? Opinions?

Thanks,

Tony :lol:

Hi,

I have just replaced the glass in my Channel Glaze window. ( Air gun shot through lower glass ) They were very helpful on the phone & brought me a replacement glass to the recent IWA show near Nottingham.

It was a real nightmare removing the frame without damaging it, & then a pain dismantling it to fit the new single glazed glass. Probably the worst job I have ever undertaken !!

I have refitted the frame today.

The problem seems to be that the window was 'bonded ' in place & not meant to be removed.

There is a company Worcester Marine Windows - 01905358800 - that allows you to change the glass without removing the frame ... sounds good to me .

Good luck

Mark

Hi,

I know the question of double-glazed windows has been covered many times before, but I was wondering if anyone has any specific experience with Channel Glaze's offerings?

We're considering replacing our windows with their double-glazed hopper units; they seem well made and of good quality materials. The only thing that bothers us is that should a unit fail the whole window has to be returned to Channel Glaze for repair, which would be a bit of a bind to say the least.

So... anyone had any experience with them? Opinions?

Thanks,

Tony :lol:

The Full hopper units you can just lift the the double glaxed unit out, no need to remove frame.

david

You will have seen my comments about Channel Glaze in an earlier thread. I have found them to have a fantastic after sales service. The product seems to be as good as any other I have seen. I would definately use this company again if I was fitting out a boat.

The Full hopper units you can just lift the the double glaxed unit out, no need to remove frame.

david

Hi David,

I did specifically ask them about this on the stand. My words exactly "What happens if I need to replace one of the seald units? Say it's failed, or I've encountered stone-throwing yoofs?". Their reply: "You return the frame to us."

T.

The problem seems to be that the window was 'bonded ' in place & not meant to be removed.

Yes, they did specifically note that their windows should only be fitted with the sealing tape that they supply for the very reason that it makes them removable.

T :lol:

Hi David,

I did specifically ask them about this on the stand. My words exactly "What happens if I need to replace one of the seald units? Say it's failed, or I've encountered stone-throwing yoofs?". Their reply: "You return the frame to us."

T.

I think they are talking about the Top hopper, The full hopper unit can just be removed even if you want a lot of ventilation on just loading equipment in. You do not need any tools and the main frame stays fixed to the boat. The full hopper double glazed unit does have a frame around it when you lift it out but the main frame stays fixed to boat.

See: http://www.channelglaze.com/default.asp?page=433

and note: "The entire hopper unit can be removed for storage or reglaze. "

David