LEEDS & LIVERPOOL

Nige

Featured Posts

Hi folks, :lol:

I knew there was something wrong when I set foot on Discovery last night and started moving about. At first I could not put my finger on it, but then it dawned on me that she was suddenly very very stable and wasn't rolling slightly as I moved about.......

Looking out the window of course all the signs were there - about a foot of green slime on the pilings that normally you can not see and my mooring ropes looking like guitar strings !!! :D

SO...after some rapid slackening of ropes and a bit of pushing and shoving I realised that the level had dropped quite a bit - here's the full BW text by way of explaination....

:D

Stoppage: Lock 51, Bottom Lock, Barrowford Locks - Lock 30, Holme Bridge Lock

From 4pm on Friday 16th September, British Waterways expects that it will need to close the canal between Greenberfield and Gargrave (the summit level) due to low rainfall. UPDATE: Due to a continued lack of water, the stoppage will now be extended to Lock 51 (Barrowford Locks). On the canal East, a winding point is situated between Holme Bridge (172A) and Highgate Swing Bridge. Winding on the canal West can be found between Hidge Bank Bridge (141D) & Scotland Road Bridge (141C). Alternative routes are available via the Huddersfield Narrow Canal, subject to boat size, and the Bridgewater Canal. Please book passage through Standedge Tunnel on the HNC in advance via the Customer Operations Team at Castleford - 01977 554351. (Enquiries: 01925 847700)

that takes the biscuit.

i am going to have a boat and no water.

weather forecast prolonged dry spells especially on the high ground,especially dry and warm in yorkshire for the forseeable future.

hosepipe ban in place :lol:

i thought i would put my joke up as well as bw,s

oh it never rains in southern sunny yorkshire.

:D

I knew there was something wrong when I set foot on Discovery last night and started moving about. At first I could not put my finger on it, but then it dawned on me that she was suddenly very very stable and wasn't rolling slightly as I moved about.......

Hehe, we get the all the time.

The best one recently was when we where moored outside a boat at market drayton yard (on the right of the winding hole)

- While we where hard on the bottom, as usual, the boat inside of us was still floating, so everytime a boat went past, there boat slide fore/aft, while we and the bank remaind unmoved! - It was very weird, you keep thinking you where mocing, when infact it was the other boat!

Thanks for posting the stoppage detail tho, very handy for people in the area.

Daniel

Either you were moored up to a dinghy, or Emily Anne has one hell of a draught.

It was a 55ft NB, and are draught is 2'8"ish.

- But the whole of the winding hole is shallow all over, so its not like a normal bit of towpath.

Incedently, it took about an hour to get off with the help of four people and two narrowboats.

Daniel