caught red handed

gaggle

Featured Posts

Leaving stalybridge last week we approached lock no 4 , the lock next to the petrol station and we noticed some males who were probably aged about 17 -18 yrs.

they had a house brick and a short metal bar and also what looked like a long piece of an exhaust system , they were trying to bang the short piece of metal into the gear mechanism with the brick while another of them was bashing away at the winding gear in general with the exhaust pipe , the son in law jumped off the boat to put a stop to it and they threw the stuff into the bushes when he was just a couple of yards away as if they were not doing anything failing to understand they had been spotted from a couple of hundred yards away.

these were not children , they seemed to be well spoken and well dressed and they could not give any explanation at all as to why they were trying to destroy the lock gear , two out of the four admitted yes they were trying to smash the gear but could not tell us why , the other two were sat on the wall laughing but did not know why they were laughing but were very sure they were not laughing at me after i pointed out i would wrap the windlass i was holding round their heads if they were.

I had no police number but phoned bw and explained we were at the lock with the wreckers and the stuff they had thrown into the bushes but they just said they would contact bw office who dealt with the hnc and they may put a call out to operatives who would attend , i stated that it was really a police matter and they just stated that they would inform the bw area office.

We were wasting our time so we had to just remove the bars they had been using to try and break the paddle gear and leave them with a warning that we were just going to turn around and if we came back and found the mechanism damaged they would be severely beaten , this was told to them probably to loudly and customers at the garage pumps stopped to watch and i wondered why they had not noticed these people trying to smash the lock up.

Left name and boat number with bw during phone call but have heard nothing , silly thing , when i thought we was about to have some fun with these dickheads i took my camera from round my neck and never got any pics of them to post.

Leaving stalybridge last week we approached lock no 4 , the lock next to the petrol station and we noticed some males who were probably aged about 17 -18 yrs.

they had a house brick and a short metal bar and also what looked like a long piece of an exhaust system , they were trying to bang the short piece of metal into the gear mechanism with the brick while another of them was bashing away at the winding gear in general with the exhaust pipe , the son in law jumped off the boat to put a stop to it and they threw the stuff into the bushes when he was just a couple of yards away as if they were not doing anything failing to understand they had been spotted from a couple of hundred yards away.

these were not children , they seemed to be well spoken and well dressed and they could not give any explanation at all as to why they were trying to destroy the lock gear , two out of the four admitted yes they were trying to smash the gear but could not tell us why , the other two were sat on the wall laughing but did not know why they were laughing but were very sure they were not laughing at me after i pointed out i would wrap the windlass i was holding round their heads if they were.

I had no police number but phoned bw and explained we were at the lock with the wreckers and the stuff they had thrown into the bushes but they just said they would contact bw office who dealt with the hnc and they may put a call out to operatives who would attend , i stated that it was really a police matter and they just stated that they would inform the bw area office.

We were wasting our time so we had to just remove the bars they had been using to try and break the paddle gear and leave them with a warning that we were just going to turn around and if we came back and found the mechanism damaged they would be severely beaten , this was told to them probably to loudly and customers at the garage pumps stopped to watch and i wondered why they had not noticed these people trying to smash the lock up.

Left name and boat number with bw during phone call but have heard nothing , silly thing , when i thought we was about to have some fun with these dickheads i took my camera from round my neck and never got any pics of them to post.

I'm sure that Wanda at the garage would have phoned the police (0161 872 5050 btw) for you if you had asked.

What day and time was this?

It was friday i am sure in the morning , to be honest if we had not been next to the garage and so many potential witnesses , well lets say thing would have ended differently.

And I could have reported back to the group on the wailing of the anguished relatives of the injured darlings in the local rag. Their mother would be pictured looking 20 years older than the age stated for her, and would report that they were "good boys".

It was friday i am sure in the morning , to be honest if we had not been next to the garage and so many potential witnesses , well lets say thing would have ended differently.

A couple of affectionate Liverpool kisses comes to mind ...... :lol:

And I could have reported back to the group on the wailing of the anguished relatives of the injured darlings in the local rag. Their mother would be pictured looking 20 years older than the age stated for her, and would report that they were "good boys".

I could add them to the list of 'people I'd like to shoot in the knee caps when I get a gun' - if that helps?

Feckin eejits!!!!!!!

:lol: