Where did I go wrong??

sharpness

Featured Posts

Hello

Just over a week ago I posted a topic titled This years "Big Voyage" seeking some guidance in particular about Worcester Racecourse moorings & also a part of the system we have not travelled before.

It seems to be the only post in recent weeks that hasnt had any replies atall. Other similar sorts of post seemed to have several responses.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks

Steve

Edited to add link to orignal thread: http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php...mp;#entry398132

Edited by Dhutch

Hello

Just over a week ago I posted a topic titled This years "Big Voyage" seeking some guidance in particular about Worcester Racecourse moorings & also a part of the system we have not travelled before.

It seems to be the only post in recent weeks that hasnt had any replies atall. Other similar sorts of post seemed to have several responses.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks

Steve

Just so you get a reply this time I will answer. I haven't a clue unless it was the time of posting. If I had seen it i would have replied as we have just done a similar trip. I know about the moorings at Worcester race course as I helped to put them in.

Sue

Just so you get a reply this time I will answer. I haven't a clue unless it was the time of posting. If I had seen it i would have replied as we have just done a similar trip. I know about the moorings at Worcester race course as I helped to put them in.

Sue

Thanks Sue,

Can you tell me more about the moorings please. I understand they are above the bridge, we've not been above Diglis before.

Thanks

Steve & Lynne

Thanks Sue,

Can you tell me more about the moorings please. I understand they are above the bridge, we've not been above Diglis before.

Thanks

Steve & Lynne

Very good moorings on the right just past the large road bridge and the trip boat moorings. Beware of mooring under the footbridge and one of the willows looked as though it was getting to a perilous angle. There is a £3.20 charge.

Sue

Hello

What did I do wrong?

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

It happens sometimes - especially at this time of the year when many members are cruising on their boats and do not have the same quality of Internet access.

(What did I do wrong?) I notice only 8 posts! Your the kid in the corner that no one talks to, I'll probably be shot down in flames for this but thats the way it often is on here ,keep at it and they will let you play with their toys :lol:

Edited by gary4lw

There seemed to be a very big floating mooring between Diglis lock and the entrance to the W&B the last time I passed. Is that still for overnight (24hr?) use or is it for something else?

....but it has signs on it saying "no mooring" :lol: Not sure why.

We moored by the racecourse earlier this year with no trouble. There are signs saying you must pay, but not where to pay - perhaps Sue can enlighten us on that.

There's a little cafe on the river side of the road which does a nice cooked breakfast too!

....but it has signs on it saying "no mooring" :lol: Not sure why.

We moored by the racecourse earlier this year with no trouble. There are signs saying you must pay, but not where to pay - perhaps Sue can enlighten us on that.

There's a little cafe on the river side of the road which does a nice cooked breakfast too!

There was no silt when we were there last week, but I suspect there may be if it has flooded recently. We walked up some rough steps but no gate there. Maybe the gate to the trip boat moorings is locked when there is no trip.

A gentleman, with a sense of humour, turned up at 14.50. We had just stopped and were filling up with water, so there is a convenient water tap as well.

Sue

Hello all,

Thanks for all those replies, especially the info about Worcester. Just got back from a long weekend on the boat, wifey has a doctors appointment tomorrow and then all being well we'll be off on the "Big Voyage" heading for the Shroppie. Dont mention the "bumping & grinding" we've heard about that from Bottle on Saturday but didnt know it was him at the time.

We dont have mobile internet at the moment, dont have digital TV, dont have an inverter, or an Ipod? or MP3? bit of a dinasoar really according to the kids. I have got their inheritance though!! (and a Smartguage!!)

Thanks again for all your help.

Steve & Lynne

Hello all,

Thanks for all those replies, especially the info about Worcester. Just got back from a long weekend on the boat, wifey has a doctors appointment tomorrow and then all being well we'll be off on the "Big Voyage" heading for the Shroppie.....(snip)

Steve & Lynne

I hope you're aware that the Shroppie's currently closed at Shebdon (between Norbury Jc and Tyrley locks) due to a leak on the embankment! BW seem to expect it will take at least two weeks to repair.

Jim

I hope you're aware that the Shroppie's currently closed at Shebdon (between Norbury Jc and Tyrley locks) due to a leak on the embankment! BW seem to expect it will take at least two weeks to repair.

Jim

Thanks Jim, not sure where that is but its not the end of the world, we've got no particular target, just go with the flow. I'll have a look at the map when we get back to the boat tomorrow.

Steve

Sometimes it can happen, for a slightly obscure question, that knowone with anything to say said anythine on it for long enough that it dissappears from view because threads are sorted by order of last posted in.

Which is why you sometimes get people posting "bttt" (back to the top) or "bump" (it back to the top) in there origanal thread to jump it up to the top again so it gets re-noticed.

It's not a conspiracy, there just call out to get you!

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

We're back, thankfully no call outs!!

Had a great trip, we didnt use the Worcester Racecourse moorings though. The Gloucester lock keeper suggested we left at 8 because of the tide so we did & had a good run up the Severn. We passed the moorings but the weather was good so we kept going & moored at Bevere lock overnight. The Worcester moorings looked fine to us, not too much silt.

Strolled 200 yds from Bevere lock to the pub, the name escapes me, Camp House?? It seemed to be like stepping back 25years, ate well & the beer wasnt bad. They even had one of the old table top, well more coffee table top, Space Invaders which worked when you fed it 50ps.

The weather was a bit different coming back down, fleeces on to keep warm in a very strong wind. I love those long runs though.

Steve