Liverpool

clovey

Featured Posts

Planning a trip to Liverpool Late Sept / Early Oct. Has anybody any experience of the problems (if any) involved in going throught the link or indeed any part of the journey from Wigan via the L & L.

I appreciate I would need to book the passage and a mooring in the docks, but apart from that any thoughts would be of help.

We are just on our return journey from Liverpool.

Appart from polly bags round the prop the only down side is having to wait at Eldonian Village, having come through the swing bridges operated by BW (9 & 6) you make you way to Eldonian and wait until the next morning to go down the four locks on to the link. The same on the way back, up the link one day and wait until the next for the bridges.

We moved to Litherland instead of Eldonian on the way back as it's an early start otherwise.

We only had two nights in Liverpool as we know the area well, living close by.

We had no trouble from the locals, only cheery "Hellos"

PS don't buy an electric card until you've checked to see if there's any left on the meter...or I'll sell you my unused one.

Go for it it's well worth it.

Was down at the Liverpool dock mooring yesterday only 4 boats in so there can't be a waiting list

I think people are put off by the insistance for an overnight stop at Eldonian village, why don't

BW let you go straight thro,its not as though its a long way or loads of locks

Have they provided any Elsan point at the dock mooring yet? I couldnt see anybody to ask