Foxton staircase

nigel carton

Featured Posts

Moving a 50' nb from Cropredy, Oxford canal to Sawley marina, starting Monday. This trip will include the Foxton locks, which I have not done yet, really looking forward to this one! :(

94 miles

84 locks

Iv'e allowed 5 days for this, should do it in 4. The owner has asked me to carry out BSS inspection on route... all work and no play! :lol:

Well back from my boat move. Went.. erm quite well. The boat was a little on the heavy side 20:10:6 :lol: Left Cropredy at 4pm Sunday and moored at Fenny Compton. Next day I made it to Crick after badly twisting my ankle on the Watford flight OUCH... Tuesday I reached Kilby Bridge, got help down the Foxton staircase, felt such a prat! :( Moored last night at Loughborough, struggleing to put weight on my foot, still taking the tablets and having one or two cold ones in the evening and the ends in site! finally got the boat on her mooring at Sawley marina at 1045 this morning and celebrated with an excellent full English at the marina! :D Didn't get the Bsc done, he's still got a month left and I was to knackered!

The Leicester arm of the GU is a cracking strech, bit shallow in places but well worth a visit.

Met some great folk as usual and putting the pain to one side, had a laugh on the way :D

Thats the boat Radio1 used for there 'Summer friday thing' they did a few months back isnt it?

Daniel

30685[/snapback]

Not the same boat Dan, it was actually 59' and bloody heavy! didn't know they made that thick.

Passed a small steamer on the Watford flight, think it used to be an old ice breaker, it had been to a festival at Leicester. :lol: