what dog?

mucky

Featured Posts

Wow, they're gorgeous.

Have just taken our rescue greyhound for her first boat trip. She got on fine, but if I were choosing a dog specifically with boating in mind I'd probably go for something a little smaller.

Ours is a rescue, and yes, she was a terrible food thief when we first got her - microwave, dishwasher, freezer, oven, bin, you name it, she opened it and extracted food. She could also reach to the back of all the work surfaces. However, about 9 months in, it was as if she suddenly understood that food comes regularly, and so does the occasional treat, and now, while I wouldn't necessarily trust her if I left dinner on the table unattended for any length of time, she is much less likely to try opening things, or to snatch as soon as your eyes are averted, and has even been known to wander away from her own food for half an hour or so before finishing it.

She dislikes getting wet, so is unlikely to jump in (which she has in common with our previous dog, a lurcher, and I would guess whippets too), and the very short hair does mean she's not smelly (apart from occasional flatulence) and doesn't moult much.

:smiley_offtopic:

Hi,

I know this is a bit off topic, but if you actually read these articles, the conclusion is that "cocker rage" is on the decline through responsible breeding, and that it is increasingly rare. It was often misdiagnosed in the past anyway when insead of rage, it was a dog badly trained. Rage is now thought to be a bit like epilepsy and can be treated with anticonvusants. It was usually the case that a cocker with true "rage syndrome" would glaze over and attack their owner rather than a stranger anyway.

No dog should be approached if the owner advises against it. We had a grumpy cocker who was unpreducatable as he was blind and deaf.

Nuff said. :smiley_offtopic: