Keep an eye on your cholesterol

O'Mali

Featured Posts

Oh well, no more cheesecake.

How useful is this information? - it doesn't differentiate between HD & LD cholesterol.

I may be wrong but listed as cholesterol is the bad one of the two. The publisher has his email address on there and I am sure they would confirm, so I will ask.

I also thought it might be useful for anyone interested in what they eat, not just those with high cholesterol.

ETA.Ok wench has risen and straightened this out (she does lab work).

She said cholesterol in food is just cholesterol. It is once it enters your body and it reacts with different proteins that then determines what become HD or LD, it’s how your body deals with it that determines the levels.

Edited by O'Mali

How useful is this information?

Not very useful in Britain, I would have thought. It lists lots of peculiar American delicacies. Lucky Charms cereal, Pumpernickel bread, canned mushroom gravy, collards cooked from raw, sandwich type cookie, corn grits, Malt-o-meal, beet greens, plantains, snap beans, imitation margarine, okra pods, Catsup, jelly beans, uncooked bulgar, etc. etc..... I mean - what's that lot all about?

But how accurate is the information? Are we really to believe that a tablespoonful of 80% fat regular hard margarine contains no cholesterol?

Not very useful in Britain, I would have thought. It lists lots of peculiar American delicacies. Lucky Charms cereal, Pumpernickel bread, canned mushroom gravy, collards cooked from raw, sandwich type cookie, corn grits, Malt-o-meal, beet greens, plantains, snap beans, imitation margarine, okra pods, Catsup, jelly beans, uncooked bulgar, etc. etc..... I mean - what's that lot all about?

But how accurate is the information? Are we really to believe that a tablespoonful of 80% fat regular hard margarine contains no cholesterol?

As a man with high cholesterol, my OH builds our shopping list from that list and our cupboards are full and we eat well.

Agree there are some items on there you cannot get and would not really want anyway.

Remember this is only a guide but it is correct about the margarine believe it or not.(animal fat~v~veg fat)

Edited by O'Mali