Lister Petter LPWS3 Engine

nfo

Featured Posts

Can anyone please advise what engine oil is required for the above. Also gearbox oil.

If anyone can help is it a trip to the local chandlery or do the likes of Halfords stock these items. Thank you for your assistance.

Can anyone please advise what engine oil is required for the above. Also gearbox oil.

If anyone can help is it a trip to the local chandlery or do the likes of Halfords stock these items. Thank you for your assistance.

General use is 10W-40

I use Lister Petter brand about £15-18 for 5lt at various chandlers, same for 2, 3 and 4 cyl. PRM 150 G/box is same oil.

hi i always used Morris oil .i think they are based in either shrewsbury or oswestry. give them a call and they will advise you. any good motor factor.not halfords should stock it

My understanding is that the Lister Petter oil mentioned by Innisfree is actually blended by Morris anyway. (We use it in a BMC, it is not Lister specific).

If you can buy it for £15 to £18 then do so - my chandlery has now hiked the price well over £20. :lol:

Halfords is seldom a good place to buy oils for narrow boat engines, in my experience.

My understanding is that the Lister Petter oil mentioned by Innisfree is actually blended by Morris anyway. (We use it in a BMC, it is not Lister specific).

If you can buy it for £15 to £18 then do so - my chandlery has now hiked the price well over £20. :lol:

Halfords is seldom a good place to buy oils for narrow boat engines, in my experience.

I buy Lister 10/40 API CC from a plant hire/sales company. When I asked, they told me it is blended by Morris's.

They also sell loads of consumables for Lister SR's (filters etc)

Last year I paid approx £12 per 5 litre can.

Phil

My last purchase was at Crick Show from Listers £15, which we thought was cheap so stocked up, but elsewhere I expect it will now be around the price you paid :lol: