What has happened to Channel Five?

NB Alnwick

Featured Posts

When we tried to watch a program on Channel Five this evening we were presented with a screen telling us that we need to 'upgrade our subscription' in order to view it. Up until now, it has always been one of the free satellite channels. Is it just our Sky box playing up or have other satellite users experienced the same thing?

When we tried to watch a program on Channel Five this evening we were presented with a screen telling us that we need to 'upgrade our subscription' in order to view it. Up until now, it has always been one of the free satellite channels. Is it just our Sky box playing up or have other satellite users experienced the same thing?

still got it on my sky box, on the Stort

still got it on my sky box, on the Stort

I might try forcing a re-boot. The problems with the sat on a boat is that:

• We keep moving around;
  • We shut the system down when not watching it.

Obviously these do not contibute to the most ideal situation for a Sky-box.

No expert,

But isn't there a difference between

1) The channels you can get free with a Sky box.

2) The channels you can get free on a true "Freesat" box, that has no Sky involvement.

I think (1) still has some kind of card in, whereas (2) generally does not ??

Is it possible that '5' is not now available under (1), but can still be had under (2) ?

Stands back, and prepares to be told he is talking bo**ocks, (I've never had Sky, in any form, I admit).

Alan.

No expert,

But isn't there a difference between

1) The channels you can get free with a Sky box.

2) The channels you can get free on a true "Freesat" box, that has no Sky involvement.

I think (1) still has some kind of card in, whereas (2) generally does not ??

Is it possible that '5' is not now available under (1), but can still be had under (2) ?

Stands back, and prepares to be told he is talking bo**ocks, (I've never had Sky, in any form, I admit).

Alan.

I don't know about true "freesat" but I do know there is a difference between the free channels on SKY and Freeview. Some of the channels you get on Freeview you need to pay for on SKY. We use Freeview at home and on the boat and my parents in Devon use SKY STB Free channels for BBC/ITV etc.

I must be getting old, but I would love to go back to the days were we just had BBC and ITV. Is it me or is this modern TV just repeats and reality bullsh@t?

I must be getting old, but I would love to go back to the days were we just had BBC and ITV. Is it me or is this modern TV just repeats and reality bullsh@t?

We are fairly happy with our wind-up "His Masters Voice" gramophone, and the stack of 78s, (although are having trouble getting the needles).

We do have to make the mooring lines fairly tight, and put in springs though, otherwise the discs get scratched if passing boats are a bit too nippy.

I wouldn't want my copy of "Teddy Bear's Picnic" by the "Foden Motor Works Band", to get damaged - Amazon no longer do them, I'm told.

We are fairly happy with our wind-up "His Masters Voice" gramophone, and the stack of 78s, (although are having trouble getting the needles).

We do have to make the mooring lines fairly tight, and put in springs though, otherwise the discs get scratched if passing boats are a bit too nippy.

I wouldn't want my copy of "Teddy Bear's Picnic" by the "Foden Motor Works Band", to get damaged - Amazon no longer do them, I'm told.

:lol: Modern fangle devices those 78's. Give me a wax cylinder any day.

I've got a sharpener for making needles from thorns.

They have a richer tone than the steel needles (which you can get on Ebay) and don't wear your records out.

We use our free sat at home, we tried it out on the house wall and there it stayed! anyway, channel 5 for us is titled bbc news 24 we do not appear to have channel numbers.

Sky do have a habit of changing the channels around though. We have lost our local ITV station as it has been scrambled. I am sure it is designed to make you pay a subscription but it hasn't worked with me. I just occasionally do a new scan that's how I found channel 5 called BBC news 24! Still can't get the local ITV so I watch another one!