Pressure Switch Thread Sealant

oggie

Featured Posts

I'll try and be Doveish here seeing as how a forum storm seems to be brewing. :lol:

What did the old boys use before ptfe and loctite were invented? String and grease? :lol:

Graham R.

Hi Graham,

who are you calling old, :lol: Depends how far back you want to go, I started with lead wool and calking, Boss white and hemp, Red Hermetite and Foliac.

Andrew

Hi Graham,

who are you calling old, :lol: :lol:

Once worked with a fitter who made his water pump gaskets from shirt cardboard, brown paper and axle grease and he was old about a 106 I think. Said he could remember Queen Vic and no not that pub in Eastenders.

Once worked with a fitter who made his water pump gaskets from shirt cardboard, brown paper and axle grease and he was old about a 106 I think. Said he could remember Queen Vic and no not that pub in Eastenders.

Moving along then, Back to the topic question, I think, in conclusion, that "Loctite" or similar products are very good when used and stored according to the instructions supplied: if used indiscriminately they might just do what it says on the bottle. :lol:

PTFE tape doesn't seem to have many problems with it. :lol:

Be Lucky

Peter

Moving along then, Back to the topic question, I think, in conclusion, that "Loctite" or similar products are very good when used and stored according to the instructions supplied: if used indiscriminately they might just do what it says on the bottle. :lol:

Be Lucky

Peter

I'll go along with that :lol:

And they all thought a storm was brewing :lol:

Good luck

Andrew

Be Lucky

Peter

My experience is that PTFE is lousy for diesel pipework, the best thing to use there is Heldite.

MP.

My experience is that PTFE is lousy for diesel pipework, the best thing to use there is Heldite.

MP.

Now that is good stuff, haven't see it since my Conoco days.

Andrew