Lister SR3

Featured Posts

After a disastrous encounter with a "marine engineer" who seemed more at home with a lump hammer than a torque wrench I need to replace one and possibly two of the cylinder heads. I've got a couple of places to try (thanks Kevin) but would like to hear from anyone who has a cylinder head or two gathering dust, an engine for breaking or a good idea of where to find them.

Many thanks

John

After a disastrous encounter with a "marine engineer" who seemed more at home with a lump hammer than a torque wrench I need to replace one and possibly two of the cylinder heads. I've got a couple of places to try (thanks Kevin) but would like to hear from anyone who has a cylinder head or two gathering dust, an engine for breaking or a good idea of where to find them.

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

Please excuse my probable ignorance, but would SL3 heads be compatible? I have two SL3's which I am hybridising to get the best resulting engine. Therefore have three cylinder heads and rest of engine parts to sell. 1963&1969

cheers Alvin

Hi

I just bought a boat and the owner kept the engine (long story!) but it is an SR3 complete, have you found your parts or do you want me to see if he would sell it? I think he would only sell the whole engine?

Steve

Hi

I just bought a boat and the owner kept the engine (long story!) but it is an SR3 complete, have you found your parts or do you want me to see if he would sell it? I think he would only sell the whole engine?

Steve

Yes please Steve. Many thanks. John

Hi John,

Please excuse my probable ignorance, but would SL3 heads be compatible? I have two SL3's which I am hybridising to get the best resulting engine. Therefore have three cylinder heads and rest of engine parts to sell. 1963&1969

cheers Alvin

Hi Alvin

I've been advised that the heads for an SL3 are of a smaller bore and therefore not compatible but many thanks for the offer.

John