absaar 20 amp charger

tnewson

Featured Posts

Hello,

I was just wondering,

I have bought an Absaar 20 amp charger from halfords which has a starterboost capability of 180 amps if the battery is flat. Is there any way to modify the charger to constantly put out 180 amps instead of changing to 20amp charge rate?

I know there could be problems with over heating or whatever but i am prepared to put some fans into the casing if need be.

I was just thinking that there must be some sort of sensor which tells the charger that the battery capacity has reached a certain level, which would tell the charger to change from 180 amps to 20 amps.. There must be a way to turn this off surely?

Any help is much appreciated!

Tom

Hello,

I was just wondering,

I have bought an Absaar 20 amp charger from halfords which has a starterboost capability of 180 amps if the battery is flat. Is there any way to modify the charger to constantly put out 180 amps instead of changing to 20amp charge rate?

I know there could be problems with over heating or whatever but i am prepared to put some fans into the casing if need be.

I was just thinking that there must be some sort of sensor which tells the charger that the battery capacity has reached a certain level, which would tell the charger to change from 180 amps to 20 amps.. There must be a way to turn this off surely?

Any help is much appreciated!

Tom

Hi Tom,

I think it's probably fair to say that the number of responses so far to your question is directly proportional to the advisability of doing any of the things that you suggest. :lol:

(Which is a long winded way of saying I wouldn't touch it, if I were you!)

P

Is there any way to modify the charger to constantly put out 180 amps instead of changing to 20amp charge rate?

Two possible answers, choose whichever you prefer:-

1. Yes. Redesign and rebuild the entire circuit to work at 180 amps.

2. No

Gibbo

It wouldn't really need redesigning as it can and does put out 180amp charge, i was just wondering about the possibility of fooling it into continuing the 180amp charge instead of changing to 20amps once the battery reaches a certain charge level.

It wouldn't really need redesigning as it can and does put out 180amp charge, i was just wondering about the possibility of fooling it into continuing the 180amp charge instead of changing to 20amps once the battery reaches a certain charge level.

It doesn't "change" to 20amps.

The charger never "pushes" 180amps into the battery, the starter motor "pulls" it out of the charger.