Power Audit

pwl

Featured Posts

I am SURE I have seen this before but cant find it with the search function. Does anyone have a power audit v battery capacity spreadsheet? I can write one but dont like reinventing the wheel!

pwl

I am SURE I have seen this before but cant find it with the search function. Does anyone have a power audit v battery capacity spreadsheet? I can write one but dont like reinventing the wheel!

pwl

When you work it all out, make sure, whatever the power audit comes out as, that you have x3 the battery capacity. eg: power usage audit = 100AH per day; battery capacity = at least 300AH. There is a mathematical reason for it but just trust me as most people on here don't like maffs!!

pwl

Hi,

If you would like to Email me I will send you a Power Audit spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Keith Yeandel

keithyeandel@hotmail.com

Hi,

If you would like to Email me I will send you a Power Audit spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Keith Yeandel

keithyeandel@hotmail.com

I've done one too. You could have mine and compare it with Keith's.

Nick

Would it be possible to send this to me too please

Regards Mick

Anyone who would like a copy of my spreadsheet will need to pm me and tell me and email address so that I can send it.

Nick

Anyone who would like a copy of my spreadsheet will need to pm me and tell me and email address so that I can send it.

Nick

Have you not got a website you could put it on?

I can stick it up on mine if you want?

Gibbo

Have you not got a website you could put it on?

I can stick it up on mine if you want?

Gibbo

I suppose I have! I will add it to www.sproxton.org.uk at some point. Probably tomorrow. No i won't. I will take Gibbo up on his offer.

Nick

Edited by Theo

I dont mind the maffs, I like to know why even if it takes a while to sort out in my head :lol:

P

Well here's the reason for your capacity having to be at least x3 your daily AH usage. (This assumes you will charge the batteries every day)

You shouldn't let your batteries discharge below 50% of their maximum nominal capacity, so that sets a lower limit to the amount of charge available.

Further, most people will only charge their batteries up to about 80% full because their charging regime is not correct (despite Gibbo's and my telling them every week how to do it properly).

So the net capacity available is around 80% - 50% = 30% so the full capacity needed will be approximately x3 this figure.

ie: usage per day = 100AH. Net battery capacity available = 30% (as above) therefore actual battery capacity required = 100/0.3 = 333AH = 3 x 110AH battery bank.

Chris