He's at it again?

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

I have no beef with the gentleman, but in the interests of 'the community',

On Saturday 23rd May at about 19:30 A gentleman of unkemp appearance, bearing an uncanny resembance to the character on the Braunston Marina website, was on the road above Kate Boats walking towards Birdlingbury(sp?) Wharf.

Simon.

The missus and I went to Midland Chandlers, at Braunston today and there was a gentleman of the road type at the entrance gate. He appeared to have all his worldly possesions with him including an upturned cap on the ground, I assume as a begging bowl. When one of the staff noticed him other staff members got quite agitated and watched him for a while. It could have been Mr Finch but difficult to tell as he was wearing another cap which hid some of his face, he definately had an unkempt beard though.

The missus and I went to Midland Chandlers, at Braunston today and there was a gentleman of the road type at the entrance gate. He appeared to have all his worldly possesions with him including an upturned cap on the ground, I assume as a begging bowl. When one of the staff noticed him other staff members got quite agitated and watched him for a while. It could have been Mr Finch but difficult to tell as he was wearing another cap which hid some of his face, he definately had an unkempt beard though.

I doubt very much if the man you saw was Mr Finch. He may break into boats (including mine) and take food and booze, but as far as I know he does not beg. From what I have learnt about him over the years, he is a solitary character, who keeps himself well hidden from the general public, living on his wits. I have seen him three times in the last ten years, and on each occasion he has made himself invisible almost immediately.

If he has resorted to begging, I would actually be saddened, because it would mean that he has lost any dignity that he did have.