fishing rights on the l&l near and blackburn (reedley marina(

Featured Posts

After just talking my my local tackle shop owner, it seems that to the best of his knowledge, no angling clubs have leased the right to this stretch. It used to be available on the "Anglers Together" scheme, whereby clubs paid £1.00 a member fee to BW, allowing participating clubs to fish each others waters, but since BW decided to increase the cost to £5.00 per member, every club I'm a member of declined to participate in the scheme again.

It may well now be free fishing. I've fished it several times and have never been approached by a bailiff looking for ticket money. However, I'd suggest you check with BW to be on the safe side. Don't just take my word for it!

I've found it incredibly difficult to find out who leases the fishing rights on the L&L. However, if you're intending to fish in or around the marina, I'd check with the site owners, as it usually isn't permitted.

Good luck - there are some cracking perch and roach in that area!

Janet

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never been able to find out who owns the rights, so I've always fished the Hapton canal area and never been challenged. There are some rather large bream by the boatyard and some seriously big carp around Altham...there is also a massive perch waiting to be caught just by the disused swing bridge, my favourite fishing hole. I caught it once, and it managed to shake the hook at the net, but I'd estimate a 3 pounder. Gutted doesn't even begin to describe it!

Tight lines,

Janet

I've never been able to find out who owns the rights, so I've always fished the Hapton canal area and never been challenged. There are some rather large bream by the boatyard and some seriously big carp around Altham...there is also a massive perch waiting to be caught just by the disused swing bridge, my favourite fishing hole. I caught it once, and it managed to shake the hook at the net, but I'd estimate a 3 pounder. Gutted doesn't even begin to describe it!

Tight lines,

Janet

OOoooo yes Janet, thats what i wanted to hear, big Perch are my fav along with stalking carp, cant be sitting there for days to catch.

I will be moored at Hapton boat yard, well as soon as i get it fitted out :lol: , so cant wait untill i get them long summer nights, cruise down, moor up, couiple of cans and fish till my hearts content :lol:

And all for free, except for the licence etc :lol:

wayne :lol: