Bike Rack to Fit a Cruiser Stern

BlueStringPudding

Featured Posts

attachicon.gifP1100865.JPG

attachicon.gifP1100866.JPG

This was the solution a friend of ours came up with. The rack uses the same bolts as the rudder bearing housing. It can be quickly removed and doesn't need welding to the boat.

I'm confused (as per normal)...does it just drop down into a hole? What would stop someone just lifting it off the back of the boat with the bike attached?

Also, can you use it while using the rudder swan neck arm thingy at the same time?

Very interesting

I'm confused (as per normal)...does it just drop down into a hole? What would stop someone just lifting it off the back of the boat with the bike attached?

Also, can you use it while using the rudder swan neck arm thingy at the same time?

Very interesting

The semi circular opening in the plate at the bottom of the device fits around the bottom of the swan neck. The nuts are removed from the two bolts on the bearing housing. The bolts go through the two corresponding holes in plate of the rack and are tightened up.

In order to provide support there is a little spur which extends over the guard rail and abuts onto the counter.

The rack doesn't get in the way of the tiller/swan neck.

Hope this is a bit clearer.

Edited to add: I suppose that a miscreant intent on stealing a bike would have to come equipped with a suitable spanner to undo the nuts.

post-5123-0-00043200-1467480672_thumb.jpg

Another view showing the spur

Edited by koukouvagia