Squatting on a boat!

boatbot

Featured Posts

OK-I know but on my own?-maybe some of u can come down with me!! Plus he had the audacity to chain things up!! I will need bolt cutters!!

I saw him on the towpath this morning-

I've never met you, nor your nemesis. I've only heard your side of the story.

Why would I take your side, on this matter, in order to provide you with a bit of muscle.

If your closest friends are people on an internet forum, who you've never met, then you are on your own.

Sorry.

Do you ask grown ups to hold your hand when you cross the road ?

This is NOT helpful-I am NOT afraid of anyone or anything but I do have a family and I need to consider them OVER my pride-Come on guys he did talk about getting a gun-THIS IS SERIOUS-its not some sort of game-u know how quiet Brinklow is! Look at all the stabbings in London and that guy who went out to confront those youths-is it worth it? If ALL got together and confronted this bastard it woul dbe different-and we shoul dbe concerned as he is a VERY smooth conman- Its the old syndrome-"it wouldn't happen to me!"-but it did happen on the canal and I thought we were a special community but maybe I have that wrong-I am beginning to question life on the canals..... :lol:

I've never met you, nor your nemesis. I've only heard your side of the story.

Why would I take your side, on this matter, in order to provide you with a bit of muscle.

If your closest friends are people on an internet forum, who you've never met, then you are on your own.

Sorry.

Forget it I wont bother posting-same old thing-I am telling u the truth-but if u dont believe me fine

This is NOT helpful-I am NOT afraid of anyone or anything but I do have a family and I need to consider them OVER my pride-Come on guys he did talk about getting a gun-THIS IS SERIOUS-its not some sort of game-u know how quiet Brinklow is! Look at all the stabbings in London and that guy who went out to confront those youths-is it worth it? If ALL got together and confronted this bastard it woul dbe different-and we shoul dbe concerned as he is a VERY smooth conman- Its the old syndrome-"it wouldn't happen to me!"-but it did happen on the canal and I thought we were a special community but maybe I have that wrong-I am beginning to question life on the canals..... :lol:

Forget it I wont bother posting-same old thing-I am telling u the truth-but if u dont believe me fine

Problem solved. Give us your exact location and I will send the police round.

But, before we start raising a posse, how do we know you're telling the truth.

Bear in mind, before you kicked him out, he was the boater we waved to, and said hello to as we pootled past, not you.

We're not a special community, btw, we are a fairly standard spread of society, who pootle about on boats.

Just read a few threads, on here, to see how different we all are.

Yes I do indeed have the boat back but thats not the point-the point is I trusted someone and he betrayed that trust-and he stole off a boater when he himself is not one-what do u think of that guys? EVERYONE should be worried here as it could happen again-and he is around the canal-I have discovered his hiding place and yep my stuff is there!! Not that smart-Its really spoiled my stay on the canals as its left a bad taste in the mouth-I thought the Police would not help! So what do I do? I am particular annoyed as he has my TV and gas bottle-As I cant cook on the stove now and I haven't a spare near by. :lol:

Well if your thinking of your family how they going to eat tonight if he has you gas bottle...........always a takeaway i suppose!

I didn't say I didn't believe you but I haven't heard both sides of the story.

There is no two sides of the story-I let him on my boat as he was in a tent in the pouring rain and eating a spud from a farmers field-one of my boats was vacant so I let him stay-to repay me he stole from me-thats the only side of the story that is wrong-he will ofcourse deny it as he is a conman and VERY believable-Thats both and only sides of the story..........

There is no two sides of the story-I let him on my boat as he was in a tent in the pouring rain and eating a spud from a farmers field-one of my boats was vacant so I let him stay-to repay me he stole from me-thats the only side of the story that is wrong-he will ofcourse deny it as he is a conman and VERY believable-Thats both and only sides of the story..........

"I was renting this boat and the bloke came and kicked me out, making me homeless.

I had my telly and stuff, in there, which I've now had to leave under a tarp.

This bloke, who made me homeless now says I've stolen stuff, that actually belongs to me, and he's going to get his boating buddies to sort me out."

If a complete stranger told me this tale I would show the same, reserved, sympathy that I've shown you.

Edited by carlt

But, before we start raising a posse, how do we know you're telling the truth.

Bear in mind, before you kicked him out, he was the boater we waved to, and said hello to as we pootled past, not you.

We're not a special community, btw, we are a fairly standard spread of society, who pootle about on boats.

Just read a few threads, on here, to see how different we all are.

I am telling the truth believe me but if u dont believe me fine-I am money from the account, a debit card, a tv portable with video, a gas bottle, a pair of yellow boots, a metal barbeque with a lid, a double matress, red saucepans, broken tiffany solar light and missing another solar light, and thats what I know!! Why would I post this if its not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: -yeah well many have been coned by him-he waves with one hand and steals with the other-I had to "kick him out" as u describe-oh should I have kept him on then while he stole more things? I have said hello all the time to everyone who passes on the canal-why dont u visit me and we can have a chat about your experiences-are u near by? Difference is good, thieving is not......

"I was renting this boat and the bloke came and kicked me out, making me homeless.

I had my telly and stuff, in there, which I've now had to leave under a tarp.

This bloke, who made me homeless now says I've stolen stuff, that actually belongs to me, and he's going to get his boating buddies to sort me out."

If a complete stranger told me this tale I would show the same, reserved, sympathy that I've shown you.

U are being over reactionary-I wasn't renting it-he was staying free-he was already homeless-but who knows.....the difference is I am TELLING U THE TRUTH-Look I dont have to prove it to u-I am not going to get into a debate with who's telling the truth-thats up to u!!!!

Forget it-I was just trying to WARN you-Fine-if it happens to u I wont say I told u so.......why would I get on here to tell u something that isn't the truth-what do I gain from this? I say again this guy is trouble-so it up to u I not going to try to prove anything to u or anyone else-I dont need any boating buddies-as far as i am concerned it was my fault for trusting and trying to help someone who I thought was in need-

Boatbot you have three options, get the law involved, go and get your ( if it is ) property back yourself or forget the whole thing and move on with your life!

Or the 4th option. Seek phyciatric help. He should not have imaginary friends at his age.

Edited to spell Psychiatric properly.

Edited by jeb

Boatbot you have three options, get the law involved, go and get your ( if it is ) property back yourself or forget the whole thing and move on with your life!

I told u I am waiting till everything is clear-read back!

Or the 4th option. Seek phyciatric help. He should not have imaginary friends at his age.

and I say again it IS my property! asomething belongs to someone else-is malcolm(spelling) on this forum?

(spelling?)

Funny u should mention this-as something doesn't add up here-I think he has some sort of mental disorder-denial? cleptomaniac (spelling again), tells tall stories about events that have not happened.

Very strange how someone who could be sooooooo good suddenly turns on u. very strange-cant work this out actually-well anyways keep a watch out and beware of strangers bearing gifts , I mean tents

Edited by boatbot

And take a big breath.

Boatbot, do not get angry with us, you have had a lot of good free advice.

You apparently have decided to do it your own way, that is your prerogative.

We thank you for your warning and hope that we will not be so gullible.

As my mother-in-law used to say, "You will get your reward in heaven"

Note: I did not believe her then and still do not believe it now.

And take a big breath.

Boatbot, do not get angry with us, you have had a lot of good free advice.

You apparently have decided to do it your own way, that is your prerogative.

We thank you for your warning and hope that we will not be so gullible.

As my mother-in-law used to say, "You will get your reward in heaven"

Note: I did not believe her then and still do not believe it now.

Good advice-Yes I know u are right! There was a program on Radio 4 about Forgivesness-They interviewed a mother who's daughter who died on 7/7-its much harder to forgive than u think-Its really hurt me as I have come back to be in england from overeseas but this has put me back and I feel vulnerable-Having said that I have met some marvelous people on the canal who have helped me and also feel angry about what has happened especially when I went out of my way to help him in the first place-I really dont know "what is my way"-except I do feel angry and stupid for getting involved with this-this could have happened to any of us its not so much gullible but that we want to see the good in all people but some will take advantage-i just dont want this to happen again to anyone on here as its quite hard to deal with much harder than u think-thanks for your words-it has helped me-I will let u know what happens.......I just wish he would give MY items back and say I am sorry thats all-I dont have much and I cant afford now to replace anything.....thanks once again.....

Edited by boatbot