LED Head Lamps

Clivo

Featured Posts

Hi All

Thought some of you might be interested in these lights that are coming up for sale on Sunday 10th August at your local Aldi. At £3.99 they're a bargain and handy in an emergency. Link http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_6817.htm

Toodle Pip

Clivo

I usually buy three or four. The clips that hold the elastic head band are the weak point but 3-4 keeps me going till the next time they sell them. Batteries are included!

I usually buy three or four. The clips that hold the elastic head band are the weak point but 3-4 keeps me going till the next time they sell them. Batteries are included!

Or you could buy one Petzl Tikka, I've had mine nearly 5 years now, still on the same rechargeables, though I tend to use my e-lite and myo xp more, these days:

clicky

Edited by carlt

You may also like to have a look at this excellent website . . form experience, they are prompt, cost effective, and sell some extremely good gear

Clicky

in fact, for just under £11 delivered, this waterproof one could well be the mutts nuts

second clicky

Edited to add clicky2

Edited by Grace & Favour

You may also like to have a look at this excellent website . . form experience, they are prompt, cost effective, and sell some extremely good gear

Clicky

in fact, for just under £11 delivered, this waterproof one could well be the mutts nuts

second clicky

Edited to add clicky2

Thanks for all the feedback.

I do wish you hadn't told me about the Dealextreme website.

It looks sooooooooooooooo tempting

Clivo

Yes, so are you importing from the US?

Everytime I've done that I've been landed with an import tax/VAT bill. It's not worth it in my experience.

Yes, that is an issue with bringing stuff in from abroad... there are a couple of other options -

1 - If the items are under $100 USD they can 'generally', but not always, get through OK.

2 - Get it delivered to a friend in the US, usually cheap or free delivery, then get them to send it on and mark it as a gift for 25USD or some other small amount...

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, that is an issue with bringing stuff in from abroad... there are a couple of other options -

1 - If the items are under $100 USD they can 'generally', but not always, get through OK.

2 - Get it delivered to a friend in the US, usually cheap or free delivery, then get them to send it on and mark it as a gift for 25USD or some other small amount...

:lol:

OK - well I just ordered a bunch of stuff, and it came in from Hong Kong rather than the US, which is an interesting one... spend on the goods about 45 USD - which I thought would come in OK...

BUT - lo and behold I had a note from the PostOffice to pay about £15 in charges - £9 to the post office and £6 to the goverment...

So - it is still a really good deal, but order a good quantity or the PO charges make it not worthwhile.

I got a 1watt Luxeon LED headlamp from Lidl a couple of years ago and it's sooper!!! Just 1 LED and it is very bright, most of the time I use it on the low setting (It has 4, Low, Medium, Full & Flashing), so the batteries last longer, it's bright enough on that setting anyway, but occasionally I'll switch to medium or high if I want to see something clearly in the dark... :lol:

BUT - lo and behold I had a note from the PostOffice to pay about £15 in charges - £9 to the post office and £6 to the goverment...

An update on this - my customs charges were for some cosmetics coming in from Hong Kong, not for the dealextreme stuff - so I will definitely be back there for more once my LED strips are proven