Charterline in Liquidation

nbtafelberg

Featured Posts

Dear All,

I was around the Charterline office at Penton Hook Marina today and there is a sign up saying the liquidators are in.

One of the boats (that was privately owned) some of the staff were "staying" on and they were evicted by the owners who took the boat away.

Does anyone know anything else?

Saw somewhere that someone had a letter from the receivers the day before their hire was to start telling them not to bother coming in. Apparently they had paid by visa so should get their money back, otherwise they would have to wait for the creditors meeting which would be in a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...

Not entirely surprising that Charterline have gone. They had a very relaxed attitude towards hirers.

I spent a week in September on one of their boats and in the pre-hire instructions we were told that it was not necessary to turn the stern gland down each day, just operate the bilge pump three or four times a day.

The boat had a Beta Marine engine and I was able to tell them that the third "lump" driven by a belt was the 230 alternator.

As we were on the Thames I thought it a good idea to extract the anchor from the gas locker before we went far. It took two or three minutes to get it untangled. Very re-assuring, with all those weirs.

Richard

Are the boats likely to be worth rescuing?

Ex-hire boats can be pretty good, but listening to some of the stories they can be awful - especially in the engine department.

Need to keep an eye out for when they come up for auction/sale.

:(