Licence Info

Tonyl

Featured Posts

Hi everyone,

Our builder is threatening to have our boat ready soon, could someone tell me please, is this the correct form I need for a Waterways Licence to cruise the canals and rivers etc. I have the fees from the same site.

So much to do.

Thanks in advance.

The link would be a good idea

http://www.waterscape.com/media/documents/1850.pdf

Edited by Tonyl

Hi Tony

Thats the one I used when applying for the first time. Our boat was launched at Watford so I took the form in to the office and got a receipt (to hang in the window). The actual licence arrived a couple of weeks later from memory. Good luck with the launch !!!

Les

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and Welcome to the water,we are still waiting for our BW Licence, we have been on a month now but they have our cheque so we are not worried, if any one asks

its in the post !!! not that they have.

But dont forget the extra's which we hadn't really looked in to, buying our boat from Evesham Worcestershire meant we were on the Upper Avon which is a seperate

licence so to travel down to Tewkesbury we had a £50.00 upper and Lower Avon licence for two weeks, that ran out as we stayed at Amber boats marina whilst I went for

a hospital appt, so then we had to get another £32.00 Licence for the upper Avon two Weeks to travel up to the bw Stratford Canal, well worth it though the whole of the river is gorgeous, not that we mind paying as at least we had something to stick on the windows

and didn't look like those folk they are always talking about on this forum :lol: but thats a message to you, now for us are there other, waterways that need seperate Licences that we will come across doing the whole system ? :lol:

Hello! I am in a similar position, about to have a lined sailaway craned in.

Regarding paperwork from the builder, I believe what I need is the RCD certificate of compliance: is this correct and is there anything else?

Matt

You will only get a RCD certificate of conformity if the boat is CE marked and supplied with a CIN marking, if not the minimum you require to be supplied with by law is annex IIIa declaration to RCD conformity for a part built boat to the point of completion when the craft was supplied.

Without either of these the Muppets at BW are not supposed to licence the boat, but if not try showing them your car MOT certificate and that will probably do the job. :lol:

Thanks Gary.

I can quite honestly say I have never dealt with such an inept bunch as British Waterways. We applied for our license and end of garden mooring more than a month ago on the Grand Union. I was given so much duff information from the local office at Milton Keynes such as paying the whole mooring fee to the landowner and he will pay half to BW which is not true. I made a complaint ending with the words "I would have thought that the amount I am expected to pay would at least guarantee a satisfactory service" which did get a reply. Last weekend I had an argument with a local who obviously walks the towpath taking names and numbers of boats not displaying a license ours being one of them. I complained again to Leeds who actually found my license application and told me it was still "in the system". Talk about dealing with Fred Carno's Army

Martyn