A Gardner from the colonies?

Featured Posts

It might seem a long way to go to get one, but if it goes for the right price and you've got a couple of months for your ship to come in. Its a nice looking unit......

Gardner clicky

I have to say though, if your looking for a nice Petter twin, what about this one?

Petter twin clicky

I think it would give Alnwick a run for her money when it come to 'torque rocking' :lol:

It might seem a long way to go to get one, but if it goes for the right price and you've got a couple of months for your ship to come in. Its a nice looking unit......

Gardner clicky

...The vendor doesn't know the meaning of 2UC :lol:

That Petter is a fair lump, I think you would be hard-pressed to fit it into a narrowboat.

Nice toy, though.

Tim

A Nice example of an LW, but for anyone wanting to import a vintage engine from Austrailia, they have strict rules relating to the export of pre 1950 machinery, alot of the english machinery that was there during there colonial period has been removed back to blighty and they see this as a loss of there heritage, so trying to remove one of these may result in alot of red tape and possibly a large amount of wasted cash. I recently imported a Lister FR2M from a cattle station 400km from any water!!! and ended up with 3 months of paperwork to prove it was of post 1950 vintage. (they work on design age not build age unless you can prove an exact production date).

Edited by martyn 1

I recently imported a Lister FR2M from a cattle station 400km from any water!!!

There must be something about FR2Ms and Australian farms. The folklore is that Melaleuca's was discovered "under a potato sack, in the corner of an Australian field" by her (Australian) builder. I've just made email contact with him, so I'll be able to get the true story.

MP.