A live mouse in our bed!

NB Alnwick

Featured Posts

A girlfriend, many years ago, brought a box round with "a blackbird" she'd stunned with her car.

I opened the box, preparing to grab a thrush sized bird, but was unprepared for the, now conscious, fully grown Raven, launching itself at my face.

I was understandably more cautious when she brought round a "grass snake" she'd found. It wasn't a grass snake but, fortunately, a friend at the local museum identified it as a harmless, escaped "Darter snake" (iirc).

A girlfriend, many years ago, brought a box round with "a blackbird" she'd stunned with her car.

I opened the box, preparing to grab a thrush sized bird, but was unprepared for the, now conscious, fully grown Raven, launching itself at my face.

I was understandably more cautious when she brought round a "grass snake" she'd found. It wasn't a grass snake but, fortunately, a friend at the local museum identified it as a harmless, escaped "Darter snake" (iirc).

Probably a Garter Snake (no relation to the Trouser Snake, as far as I know). Not indigenous to the UK but popular among snake fans (the Garter, rather than the.. oh, never mind).

If you did have a snake onboard, it could eat the mice after they'd eaten the spiders after they'd eaten the ants.

R

• 3 weeks later...
I know someone who was once presented with a live 8" goldfish on their pillow in a similar fashion.

David

My daughter-in-law, some years ago, opened her front door one morning to find their big bruiser of a tom cat (who'd gone walkabout for several days) grinning up at her, looking very proud of his catch, a big, beautiful Coy Carp worth, it turned out, a couple of hundred quid!

Who's a clever boy then?

D-in-law hasn't to this day, as far as I know, owned up to the puzzled neighbour who had had his precious specimen fish "stolen". :lol: