Vaccum cleaner

Nb Unity

Featured Posts

Would you recommened ? we have a 1500 hundred watt invertor , oak flooring through the boat ( best with having our dog! ) Any suggestions please? i was thinking of a dirt devil... compact size for storage :lol:

thanks, trish

Some of these smaller vaccum cleaners are really powerful suction wise and ideal for a boat, my brother has a nice small one on his boat, the cable winds internally and hose removes easily, 1200 watt, not sure if a 1500 watt inverter will power it though start up power. There's one I've always liked though only 700 watts.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-700-Power-Vacu...718&sr=1-21

Thanks Julynian, does everyone just use a sweeping brush then ? :lol:

TBH a hoover is not really a necessity. We have a swivel sweeper, you can see a demo of one on the shopping channels. The one we have works well and is a 12 volt rechargable so no cable to drag around, lasts plenty of time. It picks up dust and crumbs and the like. We also use a mop called Sweep & Mop it's a brilliant very absorbant mop that sweeps up crumbs as well as mops. We have oak laminate floors at home and this mop is brilliant. It also dries really quickly and doesnt smell at all like conventional mops. One of the best products we've bought from a shopping channel, don't get it mixed up with the JML mop, that just mops.

http://www.tvshop.com/GB/products/7773/162...CFQ1EMAoduEKpAg

We wnt for a cheap wet'n'dry from Argos. 1250W I think and about 50 quid. Has the advantage you can use it to suck the bilge dry when you want to paint or get water out the 'dry' bilge aor quickly get rid of big spills

P.

A soft broom/dustpan and brush is probably easiest for hard floors, and cushion and rugs can be taken outside and beaten. It was getting behind and under the stove that defeated me though, so have just bought a 12v Black and Decker Dustbuster. Its suction isn't great, to be honest, but it will pick up dust and ash and has an impressive range of hoses and tools. I wouldn't ask it to get dog hairs of upholstery though - that probably does call for 240v. For me that's not worth the space... but I haven't got a dog!

We're planning to use broom/dustpan and a Dyson DC06 rechargeable. The Dyson is the most powerful rechargeable I've come across. Definitely up to upholstery. Battery life can be an issue as a full charge lasts about 6 minutes but that's what the broom is for.