Where to get a water tank made

Featured Posts

We're in the throes of refurbing a narrowboat and have found our water tank had a hole. As it's too small anyway rather then try and repair it we're after a new one being made to fit in the bow

Anyone know of anyone good we can go to to make either a plastic or stainless steel one?

I posted this elsewhere, aqs ypu have asked the same question in 2 threads.....

Just by chance I found this earlier today when looking for something else....

http://www.tnorrismarine.co.uk/tanks.php

It says they will manufacture to your spec, but as those shown are just oblong boxes, you would need to ask about special shapes suitable for a narrow boat's bows.

Alan

I posted this elsewhere, aqs ypu have asked the same question in 2 threads.....

Just by chance I found this earlier today when looking for something else....

http://www.tnorrismarine.co.uk/tanks.php

It says they will manufacture to your spec, but as those shown are just oblong boxes, you would need to ask about special shapes suitable for a narrow boat's bows.

Alan

only thing is they have a maximum size of 4ft by 2 ft by 2 ft

How do you plan to get the new tank inside the old one without cutting steel. I would like to skin ours but was told its just not possible.

P

It is already out of the boat. It wasn't integral

Ah see chris beat me to it !!

Martin has just made ours - very quickly and delivers them also - (if you ask nicely) ours arrive in two weeks -

but built a month early!!...

aas an aside would any one like to offer for a 200 gallon plastic bag type water tank - its in good nick approx 3 yrs old

only reason for replacing is that we are having a forward diesel tank fitted and the bag wasnt therefore suitable...

Martin also advised logically on what can fit - capacity it should provide and how to connect...

I had mine made by ZEUS fabrications on the Uxbridge trading estate. The hardest part was drawing up a plan. In the end I made a Hardboard model and they cut S/S sheet to match my pieces. Not cheap though. Stainless price are "8 Miles High"