window liners

Spoons

Featured Posts

I have just received ten window and porthole liners made by M. D. Woodtech for my sailaway/garden boat build project. I am extreemly impressed with the quality and Marcus was a pleasure to deal with. If anybody is in the position to need some liners I would highly reccommend that you contact him.

I have just received ten window and porthole liners made by M. D. Woodtech for my sailaway/garden boat build project. I am extreemly impressed with the quality and Marcus was a pleasure to deal with. If anybody is in the position to need some liners I would highly reccommend that you contact him.

The portholes look very similar to ours, however we don't know who made them as we ordered through a boat fitters we know. Poto below is a bit poor though. I'll find out where they did come from next week.

Oakkitchenporthole.jpg

They are really solid though and much better option than the Brass liners we originally planned on. We had 13 porthole liners made altogether that cost around a grand but well worth it and easy to fit securely. I think the thickness on the inner part of the liner was 18mm the brim 15mm to match the same as our trim. They've been a year now with no cracking or shrinking.

saloonfromdiner3.jpg

:lol: but the bit of angle on the bulkhead t&g is a nice touch.

Cheers for the compliment, it just seemed the right thing to do, the angle is derived from the angle the roof curve slopes, basically the uprights were cut square and butted up to the roof planks to gain the angle. Many people have commented on the effect. I'll get a closer shot next weekend.

Edited by Julynian