On the move

Richard Bustens

Featured Posts

It is asking quite a lot, stopping within it's own length. Mine will just do it from slow cruise speed but nowhere near when pressing on a bit and I have 49 bhp and a 50 foot boat.

I've been driving a BW work boat, that needs about 10 lengths.

Try altering the trim slightly , with a 70 foot boat and slow revving engine having the trim level or very slightly down at the bow is sometimes beneficial on modern hulls.

With the bow down it is going to ground all the time with it up it slides over the bottom

the hull is a replica Northwich down to the rivets even under the counter and water line all round

Yeah, I know Joshers are completely different to Northwich's. I only class them as washer joshers because of the washers used to imitate the rivets :P

Is it based on a large, or a small?

I would be interested to see your boat Richard. I used to help work a Small Northwich (Star Class), and I have only once seen a "replica" which accurately copies the tumblehome on the cabin which changed angles from the front to the back. I once unwittingly upset a (well known) builder by commenting that they hadn't got the cabin right, his comment was that they had followed the original drawings very carefully. Unfortunately for him he should have looked at the real thing because Yarwoods apparently didn't.

Edited by David Schweizer

My uncle has a Large Northwich, they're beatiful boats.

I did check out the link you gave me and had a look at the pictures, but, unless it's just me - it doesn't really look anything like. Beatiful boats though! :P

Edited by Liam

My uncle has a Large Northwich, they're beatiful boats.

I did check out the link you gave me and had a look at the pictures, but, unless it's just me - it doesn't really look anything like. Beatiful boats though! :P

Yes I thought that when I first looked at the pictures, but the site only states that it is a Northwich style boat not a GUCC Northwich. which only had four rubbing strakes for a start. However, Yarwoods also made boats for other companies which bore a closer resemblence to Joshers but without the double curve to the bow, so maybe it is based on one of those.

A Northwich is a specific type of boat.

Yarwoods built some of the Cowpar boats, that are nothing like Northwich boats. If he meant it was a Cowpar, or another type of boat Yarwoods made he would of said it was one of those and not a "Northwich".

Hi Dave

I dont know, i do know he has lots of sets of plans that he has copied from, i also know some of the bits have been modified to improve the finished boat, but Barry is quit fastidious about it being a REPLICA down to the copy rivits going right down to the base plate under the water where they can not be seen.

He will not do any alterations to the hull or back cabin but will let you alter the front bit within reason.

Ahhh, that's where it is - I passed it a few weeks ago but couldn't remember exactly where.

I suppose you'll be out this weekend messing about on yer boat, I certainly will :P

I should of remembered due to the fact that I'm reading the book "Anderton for Orders" and Baddesley where their first load was.

Edited by Liam

Richard

Get them to put it right, especially if its under warranty. You could also say it was not of merchantable quality (not doing job it is meant to). They take all the risk then, also if it is wired wrong there maybe further damage.

it is a isolated alt leese nevel 24/175 and should have a neg conection to the alt and i think they have omitted to do that using the body to make the conection.

The problem is that it wont and they said the alt did not work and had to send it away for repaires ..... now i hope that does not mean that someone has conected internaly a earth to the body of the alt coz it puts out the ignition light but i dont think it is charging much if at all.

The boatyard did not supply the alt it came on the engine they only fitted it. or not as the case may be.