110 amp prestolight aternator

colin loach

Featured Posts

dear all, i have just bought a liverpool boat with two alternators. the 110 amp is wired into the loom but i have got to fit my domestic batterys and do the final conections. i think b+ gose to the + of the battery and the white wire connects to one of the spades on the alternator, with the by connecting to the other spade. this leeves one spade with nothing connected, also whert do i connect the earth to . help please. colin.

dear all, i have just bought a liverpool boat with two alternators. the 110 amp is wired into the loom but i have got to fit my domestic batterys and do the final conections. i think b+ gose to the + of the battery and the white wire connects to one of the spades on the alternator, with the by connecting to the other spade. this leeves one spade with nothing connected, also whert do i connect the earth to . help please. colin.

Hi Colin

Do you have an installation guide for the engine, its always explained in there. Or contact the engine fitter or LB.

It is the only way to be sure and it is acommon proceedure to connect the alternator only after fitting the domestic battery's

The negative (black) from the battery's is connected to the engine. Same cable size as the positive.(red)

Alex

Hi Colin

Do you have an installation guide for the engine, its always explained in there. Or contact the engine fitter or LB.

It is the only way to be sure and it is acommon proceedure to connect the alternator only after fitting the domestic battery's

The negative (black) from the battery's is connected to the engine. Same cable size as the positive.(red)

Alex

Hi Alex.yes i have got the guide but it dosent say anything abnout the negative, dose it go on the alternator or to the starter battery, or direct to the engine. and why have i got three spades if i only am connecting to two of them.

The battery positive goes to B+ on the alternator

The battery negativeve goes to the alternator casing (there is probably a stud for this marked B- )

The brown/yellow wire goes to the alternator terminal marked D+ (sometimes marked IND)

The white wire is not used.

Chris