Generator

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

I am a Constant Cruiser and have been now for 16 months, though sometimes I do stop in one place for 14 days and most times will stay a couple of nights. I keep having this debate as to whether I should buy a generator instead of running my engine every day. I have 4 leisure betteries and a Mastervolt Mass Combi 12/2000 - 100 inverster. I saw an adversisment in the paper yesterday for a Wolf Dual Voltage 2800W generator for £189.99 (They should introduce a 99p coin!!) it says it requires 15liters of petrol for 10 hours running so quite expensive to run compared to engine but not sure how long I would need to run to charge up batteries!!

I was in my local Makro sore recently and spotted a 2.3kw DIESEL generator.I think it was about £200,I was considering one myself.I just wondered how noisy it would be.Has anybody got one out there!.

Badger

Good for you Sue 20 years and never needed to run your engine when moored. When I find somewhere I like I have been known to stay for 14 days (Sometimes longer but dont tell anyone) I happen to enjoy boating but also enjoy the benefits of modern life such as TV, computer and love playing my music. So was wondering if I would be better off buying a generator to enjoy these modern day benefits. So if you see a black boat called "Gemma Joy" with the South African flag and a Springbok (as in winners of the rugby world cup twice!!!) painted on the side keep going. Oh and if you happen to walk past at night after the pubs have closed you will recognise it by the lights being on and the TV going!!

LOL WELL SAID my gens 7.5 kva

Edited by Bob the welder

Hi

Generators.

Just for info:-

I've been trying to get hold of Kipor since last week with no joy at all. Automated answerphone without message facility.

Peak Generators and Kipor have the same address.

No response to emails from either.

Company I did get hold of in Essex actually cut me off as he wasn't interested in the questions I was trying to ask. What a nice man.

Luckily I haven't bought one of their gennies. If I'd had a problem I'd have no chance of getting it sorted out.

Draw your own conclusions from the above........

Looks like a Honka or a Kwakker for me!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

Generators.

Just for info:-

I've been trying to get hold of Kipor since last week with no joy at all. Automated answerphone without message facility.

Peak Generators and Kipor have the same address.

No response to emails from either.

Company I did get hold of in Essex actually cut me off as he wasn't interested in the questions I was trying to ask. What a nice man.

Luckily I haven't bought one of their gennies. If I'd had a problem I'd have no chance of getting it sorted out.

TRY EBAY!

Draw your own conclusions from the above........

Looks like a Honka or a Kwakker for me!!!!!!!!!!

Ebay is an option apart from spares and advice.

Apart from that it was from Ebay that I found the charming ffffellow from Essex!

The IG2600 looks the biz aswell. All I wanted was an LPG conversion kit which is mentioned on Kipors site.

I'll keep on trying as it's a lot cheaper than the others.

Hi

Think I'm sorted on the genny front. http://www.pump.co.uk/shop/Generators/PetrolSilent/d24/sd77

This company sell lpg conversions, actually if you ask they'll fit it for you, the prices aren't bad and the noise levels are lower than a few of the others I've looked at.

I'm ordering tomorrow and will post good or bad feedback as and when.

They have loncin engines which I've been told are honda lookalikes.

Not come across this make of engine before.

Has anyone else?

Thanks.