Anyone need help on the Grand Union?

JUMP

Featured Posts

Hi,

We are saving to buy a live aboard eventually & are keen to learn as much about canal boats as possible in our spare time whilst saving, so if you are on the grand union & would like a hand feel free to get intouch as we will do it just for the experience ?

Hi,

We are saving to buy a live aboard eventually & are keen to learn as much about canal boats as possible in our spare time whilst saving, so if you are on the grand union & would like a hand feel free to get intouch as we will do it just for the experience ?

Whereabouts on the GU approximately?

Chris

Well we are on the GU (Leicester Section) at Welford and tomorrow morning we'll be setting off for Braunston - 20 miles, 14 locks and two tunnels - Graham is doing it single handed and hopes to beat his record of completing the trip in eight hours.

Useful experience indeed :rolleyes:

Hi,

Does this include helping me fit out my boat? Mmm... you could empty my cassette toilet if you want - there's nothing like it & it's all useful experience! :rolleyes:

Hi, we are fitting out a ex british waterways boat on the Grand Union, we have built the roof and now workin on the fitting out, we work on it most weekends, if you are intrested in helping out then get in touch.

the boat is normaly on the stretch between whilton n blisworth.

I've got 2 sunken wooden workboats that need a complete rebuild, likewise a 30' walton. I've also got a National12 racing dinghy that needs rerigging (once we've made the new mast), a vandalised PBK18 canoe that needs reskinning and I could use a hand refitting the lifeboat.

When can you start?