wooden boats

owen

Featured Posts

Not what you're looking for, but one of my favourite boats could well be for sale. She requires new planks along the waterline.

Built by a local man, who worked for a boatyard, so has many top quality components.

I have heard through my friend who was thinking of buying her. The owner wasn't sure what to do, however.........

When I took her for a short trip a few years ago, when working on her, she was one of the best handling boats I have had the pleasure of steering.

I'll get some pics in a minute.

Not what you're looking for, but one of my favourite boats could well be for sale. She requires new planks along the waterline.

Built by a local man, who worked for a boatyard, so has many top quality components.

I have heard through my friend who was thinking of buying her. The owner wasn't sure what to do, however.........

When I took her for a short trip a few years ago, when working on her, she was one of the best handling boats I have had the pleasure of steering.

I'll get some pics in a minute.

that would be great cheers

Sorry the minutes have been hours, but I didn't realise I'd only got them in WebShots.....so lucky the account is still there.

I started to download all the pics etc. then had to go food shopping.....then my friends phoned to ask if I wanted a ride with them to the coast to take the dogs out. Been treated like a celeb today, driven around, wined and dined, so no complaints at all :D

So here's the first picture

You can see others at http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/150273814JTXFuO

macanor1.jpg

Sorry the minutes have been hours, but I didn't realise I'd only got them in WebShots.....so lucky the account is still there.

I started to download all the pics etc. then had to go food shopping.....then my friends phoned to ask if I wanted a ride with them to the coast to take the dogs out. Been treated like a celeb today, driven around, wined and dined, so no complaints at all :D

So here's the first picture

You can see others at http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/150273814JTXFuO

macanor1.jpg

thyanks for your time malc and i see you had a good day ive read the last post on honours :D

thyanks for your time malc and i see you had a good day ive read the last post on honours :D
this is an interesting looking boat what type is it
hi malc your friends boat on link the mussel is fantastic :D

Hi Owen - Mussel was built by the owner about 9 years ago now. I haven't seen it last year, so hope all is well with them. It was moored at Boston in 2006, and they took a week or two's boating once a year. I first met them at Bardney when they stayed the night a few years ago now.

I think he told me when he built it the time I took the photos.

This was while I was moored at Bardney. Brilliant place to be as you meet ever so many as they have to stop for the lock.

I don't know what type of boat Macanor is. I only know details from my friend Roy, who has known the boat for many years, as he used to be in the Brayford in Lincoln. In fact I think all he did was buy old boats to do as a hobby, and then sell them. Don't think he ever moved about....well not much. Probably as the Brayford is not BW water, so you don't have to have a license.

Hi Owen - Mussel was built by the owner about 9 years ago now. I haven't seen it last year, so hope all is well with them. It was moored at Boston in 2006, and they took a week or two's boating once a year. I first met them at Bardney when they stayed the night a few years ago now.

I think he told me when he built it the time I took the photos.

This was while I was moored at Bardney. Brilliant place to be as you meet ever so many as they have to stop for the lock.

I don't know what type of boat Macanor is. I only know details from my friend Roy, who has known the boat for many years, as he used to be in the Brayford in Lincoln. In fact I think all he did was buy old boats to do as a hobby, and then sell them. Don't think he ever moved about....well not much. Probably as the Brayford is not BW water, so you don't have to have a license.

did you say that it could possibly be for sale as a friend of mine thinks it is pretty good boat for

this is an interesting looking boat what type is it

It's a converted ship's lifeboat. You can clearly see the join between old clinker boat and 'newer' plywood addition. There used to be hundreds of these lovely little starter boats knocking about. Fashion, and BW's determination that starting boating should coincide with finishing work, has meant that they have gradually become rarer and rarer, like the small grp cruiser.

If you want to see variety now you have to steer clear of canals and search the rivers and coastal waters.

OK, no rush. I know he was thinking of selling to Roy, but really wanted Roy to do it up for him, which he wouldn't. Anyway he bought Storm, so has had a boat to 'play with' :D

With it's indian head on, I've always likes this boat......in fact it could??? be the boat I saw that first make me think of getting one, as it was moored on the side of the Brayford which I walked round with Barney.

Those moorings have all gone now. Supposed to be major change, however some new moorings have been put in, but no visitor moorings yet. Don't know what is happening at the minute.

just wondering if anyone knows of any wooden boats for sale or sunk in any conditioni know about carlt but just wondering if any others preferably 56 -58 feet im hoping to look at what there is in new year

Try calling Jem Bates at Bates Boatyard on the Aylesbury Arm of the GU. He might know and he's just the man to repair a wooden boat :-)) He has a website too, a quick google should find it. D

Try calling Jem Bates at Bates Boatyard on the Aylesbury Arm of the GU. He might know and he's just the man to repair a wooden boat :-)) He has a website too, a quick google should find it. D

i think this is the person who was mentioned on locks and keys and when i listned i thought they said it was at tring this is probably why i couldnt find it thanks for your help

Ahhh so thats the result of Aberystwyths fire, when I was informed of it and offered her for sale I was given the impression it was a lot worse than that, lot of wooden boats there anybody know what boats are in the pics?

no but i could spend many a happy hour looking round i think i will have to go and have a look when i go i will ask for names of boats and email them to ya

no but i could spend many a happy hour looking round i think i will have to go and have a look when i go i will ask for names of boats and email them to ya

Hood and Saturn in the last photo, I think it's the back end of victoria out the water, not sure about the butty getting steel a-frames (lucy's got them, they are the db's for keeping the boat on the straight and narrow if you want a walk-through hold)but I think it's a little Ricky?, is the converted butty iron?

Looks like a 30' Walton in front of the crane and the modern washer josher? Who cares!

Aber's worse on the other side btw (but doable). Like Usk, the fire was all on the one side and the other has stayed intact.

Hood and Saturn in the last photo, I think it's the back end of victoria out the water, not sure about the butty getting steel a-frames (lucy's got them, they are the db's for keeping the boat on the straight and narrow if you want a walk-through hold)but I think it's a little Ricky?, is the converted butty iron?

Looks like a 30' Walton in front of the crane and the modern washer josher? Who cares!

Aber's worse on the other side btw (but doable). Like Usk, the fire was all on the one side and the other has stayed intact.

ive got to give it to you carl ya know your stuff sir :lol: