Pump out toilet tube

Featured Posts

Hello everyone

I removed the pump out toilet tank from the boat I am currently refurbing, the 2 1/4 tube connecting the tank to the pump out entry situated on the Gunwales was cut through when we cut the tank out, however the bit that is still left under the side of the boat is in the way for a couple of reasons, so does anyone know how this tube connects to the brass fitting, I must admit to not yet investigating, but I was thinking would it be a locking ring on the outside on the top of the Gunwales, can anyone advise?  

4 minutes ago, Manxcat54 said:

Hello everyone

I removed the pump out toilet tank from the boat I am currently refurbing, the 2 1/4 tube connecting the tank to the pump out entry situated on the Gunwales was cut through when we cut the tank out, however the bit that is still left under the side of the boat is in the way for a couple of reasons, so does anyone know how this tube connects to the brass fitting, I must admit to not yet investigating, but I was thinking would it be a locking ring on the outside on the top of the Gunwales, can anyone advise?  

You may find a few inches of flexible 40mm pipe on the spigot from the brass fitting to the steel pipe. Undo the 4 srews in the fitting and see what happens 

image.thumb.png.ae875fdd25420aff99b2afb0ccf9f6dc.png

Edited by ditchcrawler

10 minutes ago, Manxcat54 said:

Hello everyone

Mine simply screws down to the walkway with 3-screws - like this :

Unscrew it and it, along with the stub of pipe, should lift out.

Image result for pboat pump out tank fitting

Edit - sorry, 4 screws.

image.jpeg.0c46a8cccea2887b84724fb075f36c0c.jpeg

Edited by Alan de Enfield