Dometic vt2500

Featured Posts

hi guys,

just fitting a second hand VT2500 in my Colvic, vacuum pump will not stop running.  There does not seem to be any leaks in system. Think it is vacuum switch, as pump will stop if switch operated manually.  having trouble sourcing new switch. Any advice / guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You have put the edge connectors onto the PCB properly. From memory there is one connector that is easy to misplace. 

To check for problems with pump or docking station remove cassette, put finger tip over the hole in the vacuum tit (centre top) and press the micro switch in. The pump should run for a few seconds and stop.

The other source of problems in the docking station are the non return valves that sit in the pump chamber. They can get bits of effluent stuck behind them.

I assume that the bowl retains water.

Edited by pearley

thanks for getting back to me. yes water staying in bowl.  to rule out toilet I taped some plastic bag over end of pipe where it joined toilet, pressure built up till plastic burst and still pump running, would imagine system way over pressure to do that.  will check out what you suggest. thanks again Paul

1 hour ago, Paul Ironside said:

Update:  Did as you suggested and cleaned non return valves and bingo all working now.  thanks so much for your help. happy boating and stay safe Paul 

Thanks for letting us know your success - you'd be amazed how many don't!

• Greenie 1