Roof paint

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, David Mack said:

That has to be applied to the wet paint with a sieve. Going to be fun trying to do that on 4 inch wide gunwales without losing most of it over the side!

sieve in one hand and dust pan pushed against boat with other hand 🤷‍♀️

On 31/03/2024 at 17:52, Manxcat54 said:

though I know that reds always fade,

should last more than a few years before fading,

anyway once you’ve got the top of the cabin sorted it shouldn’t be much trouble to spruce it up with a fresh top coat now and again to get that lovely shiny red back, 

gonna do mine again this year, I’ve no rust coming through so it’ll simply be a matter of scratching back the surface with sand/glass paper and a wire brush, then a nice couple of layers with a Post Office Red. 

thing is with a sandy/grippy surface it’s a pig to keep clean if that’s something that’d concern you. Collects the muck and dirt. 
I’ve slapped enough paint on the cabin top over the last 10 years to fill all my grippy surface. 

Since I’ve stopped using a ladder in locks whenever possible, I tend not to walk so much on the top anymore. 

24 minutes ago, David Mack said:

That has to be applied to the wet paint with a sieve. Going to be fun trying to do that on 4 inch wide gunwales without losing most of it over the side!

You can prevent that by using the little sieve from the kitchen. 🙂

Just now, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

or the tea strainer ?

Either way may work, but if you get caught....

No good if you use tea bags, though.

• Happy 1

15 hours ago, David Mack said:

I've done it - years ago. You just need to use a smaller sieve than the usual kitchen size and move it lengthways along the gunnel