Dave Clark boatbuilders

Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, MtB said:

This effect is partly mitigated by the stem post being near as dammit dead vertical. That horrible boat being sold by EastEuropeLady a few years ago looked similar but the stem post leaned forward IIRC, making the effect you describe far worse.

On the plus side, the Dark Clarke fatties you've posted have a nice sheer on the hulls, which is totally missing on the NB pic I posted. 

Yes the ones with the sheer had a lot of customer input. Its not the standard product. 

Dave Clarke has been doing canal Boats for quite a while. My mum's Boat was built in 1993. Time flies ! 

Of course the company structure may have changed but that is quite easy to check on the .gov companies house database. 

20 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

It will have a nice beat to it.

The reason for the mixed reviews is that some thought Ringo was better.  Keith Moon certainly was better than either.

Did they make 5 types of boats :)

In 2005 we bought Nightwatch, a Dave Clarke hull. It was 13 years into its life even then.

We moved permanently onboard in 2014 and still live onboard.

A couple of years ago, due to insurance requirements, we had a hull survey carried out. Apart from three small areas of pitting, that was corrected immediately, it passed the survey with flying colours.

We are pleased with the boat. We have done lots to Nightwatch over the years but not to the hull.

I can’t vouch for other hulls built by them, just my opinion on ours.

Enjoy.

Before someone adds, we are glad all over.

• Greenie 1