Moving water....

Featured Posts

On 01/02/2024 at 09:25, GUMPY said:

How will warm water and it will be warm effectively cool the reduction box?

Ok... Ive been giving this a bit more thought... you do make a very valid point... so as Ive upgraded to a 3/4" fynspray pump @ 50LPM there should be ample water pressure to split off enough cold water to send down a 1/2" water pipe to cool the reduction gear and out via another outlet on the header pipe to sea... with the back pressure on the HX I probably won't even need a tap to dictate the flow.

Well that gives me even more options to choose from... should be back up and running in a couple of days, now theres just the 50hrs run in time @ 1200 rpm... just as well we are not in to much of a hurry then eh..  Thanks for your help guys  😉 👍

15.jpg.15dcd3105a071f1e54ef8de9cf1e2d71.jpg

Edited by kiwiSteve

yeah good spotting... it was 34c in the shade on the day I set her up and couldnt be bothered walking a couple of hundred yards to the chandlers to score a few more so robbed a few from here and there just to get her up and running for now, but your right I must get on to some replacements...thanks for the reminder...