Broadband aerial

Ray T

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, dmr said:

It has two, but while rummaging in the "electronics draw" I found a brand new 535. A couple of times we have updated to 3 contract to get a lower price and each time they send us a router even though we were using the same old mifi,luckily I don't like throwing stuff away.

A pair of mifi's has served us well for many years but the new winter base is challenging.

Just setting up the 535 now.

For various reasons have just got a new SIM with Smarty and even with a very weak signal its much faster than the old Three SIM. I have a theory that new users get a faster service for a few weeks to generate good customer satisfaction, then slowly fall down the pecking order. Any thoughts?

Comparing a mifi with the 310 so its not really a fair comparison.

It would be very surprising if a new Smarty SIM was faster than an old Three SIM since they use exactly the same network -- unless the Smarty SIM was in a newer faster router, obviously... 😉

15 hours ago, IanD said:

I have a theory that new users get a faster service for a few weeks to generate good customer satisfaction, then slowly fall down the pecking order. Any thoughts?

My thoughts are that they don't do that. A friend was a big cheese at Vodaphone and he told me their customer satisfaction in the UK was one of their lowest in the world, but improving it wasn't financially viable as Brits mostly buy on low price.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

My thoughts are that they don't do that. A friend was a big cheese at Vodaphone and he told me their customer satisfaction in the UK was one of their lowest in the world, but improving it wasn't financially viable as Brits mostly buy on low price.

There seems to be something going wrong with quotes on the forum -- I certainly never made the claim about new users getting a better service, in fact I poured cold water on it... 😉