Leominster canal

SteveCourty

Featured Posts

I’ve been asked to do a video with a fellow YouTuber on the Leominster canal, one I know bits about but not masses. Does anyone know much about the canal and what still exists? I’ve never visited the canal so I’m going in blind a little! 

I’m particularly interested in the aqueduct and the tunnels, is any of it still accessible? 

Both aqueducts (or rather, all 1.5 aqueducts…) are accessible, but the Teme aqueduct was of course half blown up in WW2 and the Rea aqueduct is slowly collapsing. Putnall Fields Tunnel still exists but is on private land. Several very obvious earthworks along the route - you can find them with an OS map and satellite imagery, though they’re not necessarily the most videogenic!

4 minutes ago, max's son said:

Just saw this on X

Yep that was me and Paul, What an epic day we had!

I'll post some pictures in a minute but if you see a big fat blue blob on any of his posts, that's me lol. You can see me on his Teme pictures just on the ledge below the aqueduct

I can't add the pictures as they are too big

I have to say, what a canal! We walked through miles of brambles, spent ages looking for certain things but everything we found was just epic!

• 2 weeks later...