The Droitwich canals

algwyn

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, algwyn said:

We are planning on visiting Droitwich this summer but would like to be there for a week can you Moor in Droitwich apart from in Netherwich Basin which is 48 hours

There’s a boat on the 48 hour moorings that’s been there since November so don’t worry too much.

Folk do stay longer and I’ve never seen it full apart from around the Festival and that’s just happened.

If necessary you can moor in Vines Park adjacent to the basin. There’s been a boat there since November too.

Just don’t do what some folk do and moor to the bollards in the park. They are all intended for swing bridge and lock landing use (plus loading the locks trip boat).

Edited by Captain Pegg
  • Happy 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

Any alternative is likely to be away from the town centre. Droitwich not know for surplus of casual mooring opportunities, a legacy of the environmental lobby when it was restored, I suspect.

More a natural consequence of a canal with reed beds provided for bank protection I suspect.

The OP will be fine. There’s always room for a 25 footer.

22 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

More a natural consequence of a canal with reed beds provided for bank protection I suspect.

The OP will be fine. There’s always room for a 25 footer.

I think more for the concern about wildlife that had taken up occupation during the closed period!