Advice on taking boat out of water near Macclesfield

Niki Russell

Featured Posts

Hello,

I'm looking to find a place to take a narrowboat out of the water to complete a survey. Boat is currently located in Macclesfield, so would ideally find somewhere are close as possible to this location.

I'm currently looking at:

1. Kerridge Dry Dock (closest)

2. Furness Vale

3. Stoke Boats (Longport Wharf)

Does anyone know any other locations close to Macclesfield where this would be possible?

Thanks,

Niki

2 minutes ago, Niki Russell said:

Hello,

I'm looking to find a place to take a narrowboat out of the water to complete a survey. Boat is currently located in Macclesfield, so would ideally find somewhere are close as possible to this location.

I'm currently looking at:

1. Kerridge Dry Dock (closest)

2. Furness Vale

3. Stoke Boats (Longport Wharf)

Does anyone know any other locations close to Macclesfield where this would be possible?

Thanks,

Niki

David  Piper's old slipway at the Kidsgrove end of the Macclesfield.

Kerridge is easy but since John Jackson died I don't know who is running the dock.

Bollington boats have had boats out, I don't know if they have a slipway or hire a crane.

Kerridge is the closest, otherwise you've got Bosley to contend with.

There's Braidbar at Higher Poynton, again, no idea if they lift boats.

1 minute ago, Niki Russell said:

Can't seem to find details for this one - any pointers?

The one at the bottom of the Macc by Red Bull is now run by Tony Perry. 01782 779033. It's a slipway, so it depends on whether he's got a boat sitting on the trolley. There's a dry dock there too, but I think it's not used these days.

Furness Vale's drydock always seemed to have a boat in it being painted by Andy R when we moored there. Don't think they can lift boats at Braidbar, have seen them being towed in for fitting out. Portland Basin Marina (Ashton) drydock isn't that far to travel (down Marple locks) and quite reasonably priced if they have a gap in their bookings.