Logging in from a new device, passwords.

Go to solution Solved by IanD,

Featured Posts

Having just had to buy a new mobile, I thought it would be fun to log into CWDF from this new device.

First thing that happened was that I wasn’t able to, possibly because I was still logged in on my IPad: so I logged off that, and still wasn’t able to log in on my new phone, and was in fact blocked for a while. During the attempt to log in, I noticed that when logging in, one is told to make sure that caps lock is disabled: does this mean that one should not use capitals in one’s password, or just be careful to only use the capitals one has chosen? 

Am I correct in thinking that one cannot have two devices connected to CWDF from the same household at the same time?

• Solution
Just now, Stilllearning said:

Having just had to buy a new mobile, I thought it would be fun to log into CWDF from this new device.

First thing that happened was that I wasn’t able to, possibly because I was still logged in on my IPad: so I logged off that, and still wasn’t able to log in on my new phone, and was in fact blocked for a while. During the attempt to log in, I noticed that when logging in, one is told to make sure that caps lock is disabled: does this mean that one should not use capitals in one’s password, or just be careful to only use the capitals one has chosen? 

Am I correct in thinking that one cannot have two devices connected to CWDF from the same household at the same time?

Capitals are fine but make sure you get them right, passwords are case-sensitive.

No, you can have any number of logins at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

Defo. you can be logged in on more than one device.

And you should only capitalise letters that need to be.