Gold Licence

KenK

Featured Posts

Hi Folks,

Awaiting for me in the post last night was the renewal form for my gold licence. As predicted it's up a fair amount next year £907.00 for a 60 ft boat. Couple this with over £2000 mooring fees, £300 insurance and there is little change out of £3500, add around £500 for maintenance through the year and before the boat moves out of the mooring I'm paying around £4000. My house costs less to run than my boat!

Ken

Awaiting for me in the post last night was the renewal form for my gold licence. As predicted it's up a fair amount next year £907.00 for a 60 ft boat.

Think very carfully if you need a gold licence this year.

For Parglena the licence will be £907

The normal licence will be £587

thats £319 extra.

A month on the Thames for Parglena costs £232 including a 12% increase

For a narrowboat it would only be £145

If however you make lots of short trips onto EA waters then you will have to get a gold but if not..............

Think very carfully if you need a gold licence this year.For Parglena the licence will be £907The normal licence will be £587thats £319 extra.A month on the Thames for Parglena costs £232 including a 12% increaseFor a narrowboat it would only be £145If however you make lots of short trips onto EA waters then you will have to get a gold but if not..............
Based on the K&A so if we want to go anywhere it's down to the Thames.
That could mean your housing costs are low: my flat in Bath costs £700 a month for rent, leccy, gas, water rates and council tax, making £8,400 a year. When Val and I manage to buy I expect the mortgage alone will be £800 a month...
Advantage of getting older, there has to be one, no mortgage.Ken

Based on the K&A so if we want to go anywhere it's down to the Thames

Depends on how you structure your cruising, it would be possible with some day licences to get through the Thames.

You could always come back via the River Severn.

Julian

Depends on how you structure your cruising, it would be possible with some day licences to get through the Thames.

You could always come back via the River Severn.

Julian

Yes, nice one. I suspect the cost of preparing the boat and paying the pilot might be greater than the difference between the licence costs. To say nothing of my wifes reaction to going on the River Severn. Maybe one day.

:D

Ken