Vetus Sheba 32 ft

Jeffy

Featured Posts

Possibly the wrong forum, it looks to have too much air draft for many UK inland waterways. You may have more luck on the YBW forum or the Barge Association.

PS, if it's post about 1997, and you do not have the boat's RCD manual it could well have been an illegal sale, especially in a bureaucratic nation like France.

Edited by Tony Brooks

1 hour ago, Jeffy said:

Any Sheba owners on this forum. I am looking for an owners manual for the boat ( not the engine) would be great to also discuss experiences. 

have one on the French river/ canals near Lyon

thanks

They were hire boats in France - maybe one of the hire companies would have something they could give you ?, or, have you tried talking directly with Vetus ?

VETUS
Headquarters

Fokkerstraat 571
3125 BD Schiedam
The Netherlands

CoC 12345678
VAT NL001234567B01

I have a feeling that Le Boat at Benson operate some so just maybe worth a phone call or better still a personal visit.

I wonder why the OP thinks he needs a manual for the boat, pre-RCD I don't think many boats came complete with a manual. If you were lucky you would just get a handful of whatever "manuals" came with the pumps, engine, etc. Boats of that age are not like cars manual wise.

The RCD is the Recreational Craft Directive which came into force all across Europe in 1998 and details EXACTLY what standards a boat should be built to - everything what what size electric cable should be used, to the emission levels of the engines. (and loads more).

There must be a manual that accompanies the boat for its life, so owners know how the systems work etc etc. And, an EU certification document, and a certification 'plate' attached to the boat.

Yours is pre-1998 so you won't have any of the above documents.

Before that there were no 'standards' for boat builders and 'anything goes' seemed to be applied.

2 hours ago, Jeffy said:

vetus have a good name as far as I can see

Maybe in the lumpy water market but inland their practice of retail pricing like their yellow paint is actually gold plating draws a degree of criticism.

OP means original poster so in this case, you. It saves having to go back to look for names and then type them.

23 hours ago, Jeffy said:

Brill thanks 

notwithstanding that I think the Sheba is a very well sturdy boat considering its ex hire it’s still in good nick. And vetus have a good name as far as I can see

Jeff

There were a few of these Vetus still on hire at Le Boat, Brittany when we were there. They looked to be well built and certainly seemed to have weathered the rigours of hire much better than the similar aged Broom 29's that they had in the fleet.