Italian Rubbish Accumulator?

Tracy D'arth

Featured Posts

What has happened to the quality of Italian made accumulators?

Another one today failed after only 3 years use. User complaining that the pump was short cycling every time a tap was turned on.  Tried pumping it up but makes no difference.

Took out the accumulator and the can is full of water, presumably the bag has failed. I put this one in around 3 years ago.

This boat has a low pressure water system, around only 25psi, as it has a copper calorifier, old type from Stone Boat Builders, so I would have expected a much longer life from the accumulator.

It must be the third that I have replaced on boats this year and none of them have been much older.

New one, also of Italian manufacture, fitted and back in business. Does any country other than Italy make these? Its all that seems to be available.

Presumably they were proper accumulators with stainless innards?

I once made the mistake of fitting a hot water expansion tank on my boat's fresh water system which was designed for a domestic central heating system with anti-corrosive inhibitor. It rotted through after about 2 years. 

I'm sure you've been fitting the correct type so perhaps the quality is slipping?