Noise nuisance.

Supermalc

Featured Posts

I'll buy her a bunch of flowers tomorrow to say thank you.....freesias seem to do it for most women?

Mmmmm...tricky one this.

Freesias* look a bit 'spindly' and maybe yellow or mauve won't go with her Barbie Pink colour scheme.

Chrysanthemums seem so funereal but last long and you get a lot of bang for your buck big bunch for your money.

Carnations - yes, good choice, but your Granny would like those too.

Roses - look like you are trying to get her knickers off.

Lilies - never look very good until they open 3 days later AND IF SHE HAS A CAT, CAN BE DEADLY.

The pollen can get on their fur and it is poisonous, causing liver failure (My old Sam died this way :blink: )

DONT" do a mixed bunch from a garage forecourt - always looks a bit of an after thought.

*White freesias - excellent! Sorted. <_<

The old dear that lived next door to me recently past away so the council started ripping out

her old kitchen & bath room suite & carpets & replaceing them with new stuff over a couple

of weeks i didnt mind that to much as i was at work from 3 in the morning till 12ish.

The council moved in a familey of somalians & thats when for 4 weeks i had nothing but

arguments with them they were in for a couple of days & at 930 at night they decided to

put a sattelite dish on the wall this bloke had got his hammer drill going i went out & had

a word with him he appologised & carried on then over the next few weeks always around

930 at night they would start hammering or banging around doing DIY jobs i never heard a

sound out of them during the day. :blink:

In the end i phoned the council up & had ago at them & told them to sort it out because i had

had enough of it they said they would send them a strongly worded letter & if there was no

change i was to keep a diary of any unreasonable behaviour & after 4 weeks i was to contact

them again & they would come & see me & speak to them about it.

Fortunatly the letter seems to have worked ( touching wood ) but at the time it was realy getting me

down on top of the that i had recently lost my mother & i realy didnt nead this s*it going on.

Faithhealer.

Sorry to drag us back to the orginal topic - must admit it has been great to read though -

I have BIG concerns about anything that stops you hearing what is around you unless you are in an absolutely safe environment. There are many stories of people being attacked / mugged / raped as a result of the attacker being able to approach from the rear with total impunity as the victim couildn't hear them.

When I was working with 14,000 psi water jetting stuff we wore in ear plugs then over ear defenders and it was still loud (the water at that pressure and flow is approaching supersonic so tends to be a tad noisy). This made it essential to have at least one qualified safety man to look out for you because anything could be happening around you and you'd not know. On one occassion the lorry with the jetting unit in caught light, on another the pressure gauge blew clean through the roof.

The accepted safe way was for the safety man to gradually reduce the machine power (if they took it off all at once you fell over due to the sudden lack of re-active force).

If you don't want to get mugged don't use bright white earphones on your music player because they make it obvious there's some cash value at the other end.If you don't want to get mugged don't use bright white earphones on your music player because they make it obvious there's some cash value at the other end.

Buy your noisy neighbour a bunch of flowers. I did and she rang my door bell at 3.00am asking if I wanted to come round for a drink...groan

For heavens sake man, just do the decent thing and stop teasing us with these tales of single life......its half 3 in the morning here and the only noise im getting is from my CO alarm :blink: