Sterling split charger

Ploos1

Featured Posts

Any ideas anyone?

I have a sterling pro split charger which seems to be working ok if you test the volts in from the alternator and out to starter battery and to leisure batteries. However, the led indicators come on when the engine is first started but go off after about 10 seconds. Have called Sterling’s technical help but they have no idea ( told me to disconnect earth for a minute and reconnect to reboot but no luck). Always had three blue leds when cruising in the past. Do I need a new one? In all fairness Sterling offered me a 25% discount on a replacement. If it is relevant, have just had new ignition switch, starter motor and alternator.

many thanks.

Just now, Ploos1 said:

Any ideas anyone?

I have a sterling pro split charger which seems to be working ok if you test the volts in from the alternator and out to starter battery and to leisure batteries. However, the led indicators come on when the engine is first started but go off after about 10 seconds. Have called Sterling’s technical help but they have no idea ( told me to disconnect earth for a minute and reconnect to reboot but no luck). Always had three blue leds when cruising in the past. Do I need a new one? In all fairness Sterling offered me a 25% discount on a replacement. If it is relevant, have just had new ignition switch, starter motor and alternator.

many thanks.

Throw  the complicated electronics away and fit a decent bi-directional VSR. Simple to understand and usually one one LED. Just three wires.

• Greenie 2