Solar Air Fan

Martinb2347

Featured Posts

Hi All.   We have a Lister SR3 air cooled engine and as all Listers seem to do it suffers with overheating on longer journeys in hotter weather.

I was wondering if anyone has fitted a solar air fan in the deck boards to help extract the heat and if so has this helped in anyway?

Thanks

Martin

27 minutes ago, Martinb2347 said:

Hi All.   We have a Lister SR3 air cooled engine and as all Listers seem to do it suffers with overheating on longer journeys in hotter weather.

I was wondering if anyone has fitted a solar air fan in the deck boards to help extract the heat and if so has this helped in anyway?

Thanks

Martin

I thnk a bilge extractor (that is designed to remove air and fumes from the engine room before starting the engines) is what you need rather than a fan that just moves the hot air around.

I have a snail blower that removes heat from the engine space, it's powered from the ign switch and has a stat on it as well so it only comes on when the engine space is getting too warm