New leisure batteries

Featured Posts

Hi All

Fitting new leisure batteries in the next day or two , i have solar panels and an inverter. Is the a sequence i need to follow when disconnecting batteries apart from the obvious disconnecting shore power and switching of battery switch do the solar panels need disconnecting ?.

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, Dave .Morialta said:

Hi All

Fitting new leisure batteries in the next day or two , i have solar panels and an inverter. Is the a sequence i need to follow when disconnecting batteries apart from the obvious disconnecting shore power and switching of battery switch do the solar panels need disconnecting ?.

Thanks 

The important bit is when you switch on. You need to make sure the solar controller is connected to the batteries before the solar panels are connected. There should be a fuse in the cable between the solar controller and the batteries that will isolate the batteries from the controller 

Edited by ditchcrawler

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

The important bit is when you switch on. You need to make sure the solar controller is connected to the batteries before the solar panels are connected. There should be a fuse in the cable between the solar controller and the batteries that will isolate the batteries from the controller 

Shouldn't it be make sure the panels are disconnected from the controller to avoid the controller making all that 'leccy with no where for it to go, or, alternatively cover the panels with a blanket to stop them producing.

Then disconnect the batteries from the controller,

Then reverse order to put everything back.

Connect controller to batteries, then connect solar panels to controller.

• Greenie 1