Saab wont start

Brendan

Featured Posts

For sabb manuals go to www.sabb.no click on the english version then support then propulsion engines there's a list of engine manual downloads pdf's.

Found the site, just what I wanted cheers mate. now I can strip and rebuild with confidence.

Thanks again Mac (Brendan) :D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Found the site, just what I wanted cheers mate. now I can strip and rebuild with confidence.

Thanks again Mac (Brendan) :D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

A friend of mine has been restoring an old dumper truck (sad i know) it has a single engine with decompression lever to start,the engine started so easily normaly only 2 or 3 turns on nthe handle and she was away, whilst restoring work was going on he chandeg oil + filters etc but after this it would not restart. We spent a full day on it stripping cleaning checking etc even tried tow starting to no avail, in the end reluctantly we gave her a sniff of easy start whilst spinning the handle and she fired up. Let it run for about 5 minutes before turning off. Ever since starts easy as anything just like before, strange i know but it worked for us.

A friend of mine has been restoring an old dumper truck (sad i know) it has a single engine with decompression lever to start,the engine started so easily normaly only 2 or 3 turns on nthe handle and she was away, whilst restoring work was going on he chandeg oil + filters etc but after this it would not restart. We spent a full day on it stripping cleaning checking etc even tried tow starting to no avail, in the end reluctantly we gave her a sniff of easy start whilst spinning the handle and she fired up. Let it run for about 5 minutes before turning off. Ever since starts easy as anything just like before, strange i know but it worked for us.

Hopefully this will be the case with this engine. I did actually top up the oil which was on the lowest mark, (don't think thes old girls like being fiddled with)Anyway thanks for the help and I'll let everyone whov'e helped me how I get on. Brendan

Edited by Brendan

I have a Sabb 2J I have no Zundfix ciggies so Mav or Liam can we do a deal. The ciggies are self igniting. In my manual they recommend if no ciggies available to remove the bolts the ciggies fit into and squirt 6 pulls on a oil can of lubricating oil. If I dont do this my Sabb takes at least a minute of turning over before she will fire up, add the oil and she fires straight away. Please dont use easy start.

edit spelling

Edited by JohnO

I have a Sabb 2J I have no Zundfix ciggies so Mav or Liam can we do a deal. The ciggies are self igniting. In my manual they recommend if no ciggies available to remove the bolts the ciggies fit into and squirt 6 pulls on a oil can of lubricating oil. If I dont do this my Sabb takes at least a minute of turning over before she will fire up, add the oil and she fires straight away. Please dont use easy start.

Hi John, Yes thanks for the info I have just trawled through the handbook/manual and dicovered the same, am just about to go over to the boat re-bleed the system again put the fresh battery on and try the oil trick, fingers crossed

Brendan

Edited by Dhutch

To all that helped,

A big thanks to all the guys and gals that sent info and advice on how to start my daughters Sabb model G. Well shes finally going again, still not sure what the problem was, after bleeding the system for the umteenth time and stripping and bleeding the injector and rebuilding it under diesel, she just started as if nothing had happened. Although she is running less the fuel filter at the moment which I know must be fitted. I will be doing this today and hope I don't have the same problems I had before. fingers crossed again.

Many thanks Mac (Brendan)

• 2 months later...
Same here Liam. I found a tin of those ciggies on the boat but have never used em. This will be my first winter with the boat but it does seem to start very easy considering there are no heater plugs.

New member steve@Ramsgate posted:

HI I have a work boat with a Baudouin D K 6 it uses those ciggi things if you still have those zundfix tins i would like to buy them off you. Better still would that 6 squirts of oil trick help me? And if any one knows where i can buy a gear box I.R. L Baudouin Please let me know

" to remove the bolts the ciggies fit into and squirt 6 pulls on a oil can of lubricating oil."

"with decompression lever to start"

+ well charged Batt. You can get heater plugs to fit this engine, as an alternative to the bolts.

Fly wheel Kick start?