RCR , new routing app

deckhand

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

I know, but it's not a canal mapping app.  It's a route planning website.  You cannot bring up a map and plot a route by dropping pins, which would be a useful thing while actually steering.  The apps we've been talking about are also free.

But you can specify a route by setting the start, end and intermediate points, by entering them in the route input box, or selecting from dropdown menus. The route output includes a google map with your route marked, and you can then zoom and pan around this as with any google map.

And you can do all this while steering - I have - although I find concentrating on any screen activity tends to adversely affect the quality of my steering!

Edited by David Mack

2 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

I know, but it's not a canal mapping app.  It's a route planning website.  You cannot bring up a map and plot a route by dropping pins, which would be a useful thing while actually steering.  The apps we've been talking about are also free.

You could request that as a feature - probably starting as a discussion in the Canalplan forums (  https://canalplan.org.uk/forums/viewforum.php?id=2 ) so people can bounce ideas around.

Edited by StephenA